Washing with water restrictions

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I've actually read people using the covered coin op car washes to wash their cars, but only using their water and bringing their own stuff (buckets, soap, mitts, etc.)

My friend's condo has their own coin op car wash, and he tells me that's what he does.
We have a coin wash nearby and it seems to be what others here like to do as well (or at least at night). They'll take a 4-6 minute session to rinse down the car and fill their bucket(s). Then either use a rineless wash, or soap/spray down the car afterwards.
Sponsored

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
After you mentioned you got the concentrated mix... I thought - why didn't he get the ready to use kind? Then I read it... you can get 2 gallons worth from concentrated (16 oz bottle), and it cost cheaper than my ready to use gallon... so I pretty much paid for water :doh:

Sweet, I happen to have a bunch of gold cg towels. Thanks a ton for your input on this, you pretty much sold me on the product. I placed my order last night and should be getting my cg concentrated mix on Wednesday, along with their double mist spray bottle. Can't wait to see what it does lol

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
We have a coin wash nearby and it seems to be what others here like to do as well (or at least at night). They'll take a 4-6 minute session to rinse down the car and fill their bucket(s). Then either use a rineless wash, or soap/spray down the car afterwards.
That's what I've been doing lol

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I would never live in an HOA. If high school was bad, an HOA is an even more diabolical extension. Not everything outside of an HOA is like a scene from a Mad Max environment. I just can't imagine not being able to wash my own car in my own driveway. It's okay even in Iraq.

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After you mentioned you got the concentrated mix... I thought - why didn't he get the ready to use kind? Then I read it... you can get 2 gallons worth from concentrated (16 oz bottle), and it cost cheaper than my ready to use gallon... so I pretty much paid for water :doh:
Doh! Yeah I almost checked out with a gallon of that ready to go stuff through Amazon, then I saw it in the category where "what customers buy after viewing" and thought it was a no brainer lol
:stirthepot:

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
My apologies for diverging. It's just that I used to live in an HOA and it was like living in North Korea. Actually, North Korea would have been a great vacation compared to my HOA. Sorry again. Back to car washing...

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My apologies for diverging. It's just that I used to live in an HOA and it was like living in North Korea. Actually, North Korea would have been a great vacation compared to my HOA. Sorry again. Back to car washing...
lol its all good man, so how do you wash your car? Waterless or with?

Rvenger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX CBP
I'd just wash the car in the garage with the door shut. Screw the neighbors... If you really don't want to use up the water then miss a day and not take a shower. :p

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
@evildoer Weather cooperated today and finally did a decent wash on my car using my foam blaster with the honeydew soap. Even with over 3 weeks of not really washing my car and just using the Eco Smart waterless wash, there was a good water beading when I was rinsing it. It also helped that I sealed and waxed my car about 2 months ago too.

Also washed my 10 year old 06 Civic... there was no saving that paint though. Lol.

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd just wash the car in the garage with the door shut. Screw the neighbors... If you really don't want to use up the water then miss a day and not take a shower. :p
I seriously thought of doing that, I'd go a day without a shower so I could wash my car. I'm sure the average shower uses a lot more water than a proper car wash. I also thought of washing in my garage, but then my neighbors would be wondering why there's foam spewing out of my garage and eventually complain about that lol

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@evildoer Weather cooperated today and finally did a decent wash on my car using my foam blaster with the honeydew soap. Even with over 3 weeks of not really washing my car and just using the Eco Smart waterless wash, there was a good water beading when I was rinsing it. It also helped that I sealed and waxed my car about 2 months ago too.

Also washed my 10 year old 06 Civic... there was no saving that paint though. Lol.
Nice! Good ol foam blaster! How do you like that honeydew? I ended up getting maxi suds ll cherry for my foam gun, so far I'm happy with it, smells real good too! Wow 3 weeks huh, that's good to know. How often would you use Ecosmart? I still need to get a proper wax and seal, I'm definitely doing it sometime before summer. I did get my hyper concentrated blend of Ecosmart on my doorstep today, so I ran to the store and bought a 2.5 gallon jug with spout and 2 gallons of distilled water to mix the product. I waited for the wife to get home to test it out on her 2010 civic lol. I gotta say, I'm quite impressed! I did the whole car in 15-20 minutes and only used about 10 ounces of Ecosmart with 4 towels. The wife didn't even know, she thought I ran out to the coin op lmao

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I really liked it. I liked using it in the foam blaster, but I usually use Mr. Pink as a traditional 2 bucket wash. I noticed the honeydew was a lot foamier than when I tried Mr. Pink or the Citrus on the blaster.

It depends really. If I drive my car to work, I typically use the highway so I get bug splatters all over, so I spot wash where the bugs are. If I work from home and just drive around town for errands, then I wouldn't bother. So... short answer, maybe twice a week. Once as a spot, and the other, if I notice my car getting dirty during the week, then I do a quick spray all over.

Nice! So the mix calls for distilled water? I assumed you just use your household water, but not sure if that's a good idea since some have hard water.

Nice! Good ol foam blaster! How do you like that honeydew? I ended up getting maxi suds ll cherry for my foam gun, so far I'm happy with it, smells real good too! Wow 3 weeks huh, that's good to know. How often would you use Ecosmart? I still need to get a proper wax and seal, I'm definitely doing it sometime before summer. I did get my hyper concentrated blend of Ecosmart on my doorstep today, so I ran to the store and bought a 2.5 gallon jug with spout and 2 gallons of distilled water to mix the product. I waited for the wife to get home to test it out on her 2010 civic lol. I gotta say, I'm quite impressed! I did the whole car in 15-20 minutes and only used about 10 ounces of Ecosmart with 4 towels. The wife didn't even know, she thought I ran out to the coin op lmao

OP
OP
evildoer

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really liked it. I liked using it in the foam blaster, but I usually use Mr. Pink as a traditional 2 bucket wash. I noticed the honeydew was a lot foamier than when I tried Mr. Pink or the Citrus on the blaster.

It depends really. If I drive my car to work, I typically use the highway so I get bug splatters all over, so I spot wash where the bugs are. If I work from home and just drive around town for errands, then I wouldn't bother. So... short answer, maybe twice a week. Once as a spot, and the other, if I notice my car getting dirty during the week, then I do a quick spray all over.

Nice! So the mix calls for distilled water? I assumed you just use your household water, but not sure if that's a good idea since some have hard water.
Honey dew on the wish list! Ok, sounds about what I have planned to do with ecosmart. Yeah I did use distilled water, that's what the directions asked for. Get yourself a nice jug with spout if you plan to go concentrated. Makes it a whole lot easier refilling my spray bottle.

Honda Civic 10th gen Washing with water restrictions image

MRsm1th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex 2012 Crc exl
What is the repercussion from your HOA if you just do it. I live up in Nor Cal and we got lots of rain this year. Just wash that car tell them to piss off. Or fill your buckets up in the house and tell them its bottled water.
Sponsored