www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More information on this please ;)
Assuming this system connects in line with your pressure washer?
What is the make and model?

Thanks!

I use an ionized water system. Unbelievable results. after washing the car I just walk away. air drying in the sun? does not matter as I am using a soap that is designed for use in direct sun. It dries spot-free every single time. The system is on wheels and is very portable. After I am done, I disconnect the hose and roll it into my garage. Does not take up much space at all.
Sponsored

Deleted member 31314

My other vehicles are much bigger I find it pretty easy and quick to wash and detail but then again I have been detailing cars for over 15 years now (not as a profession) so I am pretty used to it. It's cathartic for me.

Deleted member 31314

My other vehicles are much bigger I find it pretty easy and quick to wash and detail but then again I have been detailing cars for over 15 years now (not as a profession) so I am pretty used to it. It's cathartic for me.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag

Thanks!
Hi, I misspoke, the correct term is deionized water system :) Mine is the Simple Chuck from CR Spotless. I don't use a pressure washer for my car, but you can certainly use one. I believe you would need one with a gauge to allow you to adjust the pressure appropriately. I use the pressure regulator they shipped with the unit on my water spicket then attach to the hose running to the spotless system. It ensures the water pressure is no more than 70psi, which is the handling capacity of the system.

Some people do their initial wash/rinse with tap water, then hook up the system and do a final spot-free rinse. This increases the life of the deionize material for sure, but I found this left spots on the car. I think that's because I keep the car waxed regularly, and it beads constantly when washing, and I think I have a hard time spraying off all of the water beads from the initial wash.

So, I do everything from washing the wheels, and the car, and rinsing all through the deionize system, and the the results are perfect. I have done approximately 20 washes through the system between the CTR and my wife's car.. There is a 3 step gauge to let you know when you need to get new deionize material. After those 20 washes, using the system from start to finish every time, I have not even entered into the first window of the 3 indicators yet. so in my case, I am going to get quite a few washes before having to get a refill of the material. Now, I would think the life of the material also depends on how much dissolved mineral salts and other ions are in your local water, so YMMV.

The system is expensive for sure. I paid $400, and that included the initial supply of material. When you need to get new material, they send you two new cylinders. you just pull the used two out of the unit, replace with the two new ones, then return the originals in a FedEx pre-addressed box. I think the refill cylinder exchange is around $145 or so....

I have no affiliation with the company, just a customer, but check out their website. They have a video where they wash a Porsche GT3 (black, no less!) in hot California sun using a water canon, pressure washer, and the spotless system. It's a little long but they show the whole wash/rinse process without any cuts or edits of the video. It's pretty impressive.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

Thanks!

If I may, here is a link to the SimpleChuck. https://bturismo.com/shop?olsPage=products/xn-simple-chucks-double-chuck-pk2p
I've used the Simple Chuck for a month or two now and I do really like it. It's not perfect for me - I leave my system permanently hooked up and bypass it using....bypass valves. The Simple Shuck is ...simple. Easy to hook up, it has a good sturdy handle so you can pick it up and move it like a suitcase. It also has a handle that folds out so you can tilt it and pull it behind you - it has sturdy wheels integrated in the base.

I'm probably going to move away from the Simple Chuck and go with this - https://bturismo.com/shop?olsPage=products/diw-20-high-output-wall-mounted-system - this is a wall mounted system that is more suitable for my application since it's a more permanent setup that I leave connected and ready at all times. I have a gas power washer I use for the big jobs - this is just for cars.

Full transparency - BTurismo is my website and I am an authorized retailer of the SimpleChuck and CRSpotless product line-among other things.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag

Thanks!
I've transitioned to rinse less washing now but when I used to wash with a pressure washer and CR Spotless system, it was also a time saver

You can checked out Obsessed Garage's Youtube page for a glimpse of a hardcore setup.

But yes, essentially, you run a hose connection to the CR spotless which deionizes the water. The water then flows to your pressure washer. This allows you to rinse the car, foam the car, wash using the 2 bucket method, rinse off, and then walk away and bypass drying.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
this is the hardest car i've ever owned to wash hands down. not because of the surface area (i have a C4 ZR-1 that I wash every time I take it out and that is a breeze to wash!) but because of all the angles and cracks and crevices and the way the sills and door jams and splitter and wings and etc etc are built into the car.
Couldn't agree more! To me it isn't the washing-it is the drying. This car has more hiding spots for water than I have ever seen. I blow dry it then open all the door and hatch and wipe all those areas dry. Then blow dry again and wipe down any runners created. Go away and come back later to look for all the new drips that are now visible. It gets easier every time I do it because I am learning all the hiding places...but it is a pain in the arse!

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Maybe I'm just crazy but I love washing and waxing my R. I use the two bucket method and then a leaf blower. It's kind of "Zen" like for me.

When I wax, i use pure carnuba wax, old school stuff and put on two coats. I don't hurry to buff the wax off, I spend the time buffing, by hand with a microfiber cloth, no machines, and am very happy with the results. I use the same wax on the wheels and make sure I get the inside of the wheels too. This also involves rolling the car forward half a wheel turn so I can get all around the front brake caliper, wax that caliper too!

In between washes I use "Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish", available at your Honda Motorcycle Dealer. Use several microfiber cloths and make sure you change them out as they pick up dust and dirt. Wipe the wheels off with it to, inside and out. Spray it on the cloth, not the car and wipe, do the windows with it too.

Take your time, love your car, have some pride in ownership.

Honda Civic 10th gen Washing the Type R download

Last edited:

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
lets see. Two bucket method. top to bottom while never going over cleaned surface with contaminated/dirty mit. wheels last. dry with leaf blower then hand dry with microfiber towel. takes 30-45 minutes.

additional detailing after that takes lots of time though.

Deleted member 31314

All the angles makes me think of when I picked up my car from getting full PPF installed on the front of the car, and the tech looks at me and says how much of pain it was when it came to then different angles, he then proceeded to say "please, don't have your car wrapped, I don't want to do that" lol we had a good laugh, then I took him for a quick drive and he took some pictures of the car for the shop.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone detailing their engine bay?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
CR Spotless? I'm an authorized retailer for CRSpotless systems, resin refills, etc...anyway yes I totally support your process! The CRSpotless water deionizer is legit! I often wash/rinse the car and stuff it in the garage wet. I don't get a totally spot-free dry if I leave it outside because of my proximity to a large soybean field...maybe once the harvest dust settles and the pollen is all gone...
That said, I do often touchless watch, Spotless rinse, and utilize the highway to blow the car dry with pretty good results.
I tried the highway method to dry out the car and needless to say i won’t be doing that anymore. The car picks up so much sand and dirt in the rear that it covers the rear bumper area especially when it’s still wet. I end up having to rinse it off again. My R is black so I can see everything and have to be extra cautious.

Dharmaboy

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe white
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly just take a bucket and 2 wash shammies?? I think that's what they are called, or the mits.. Anyway just use the coin wash, soap spray, let it sit and then wash it off. use the foam spray. hit the car with foam spray. Let it sit, then use either 1 or 2 bucket method. wash it all off and then hand dry with spray wax if needed. wet the drying towels a bit so that it picks up water from the car surface better.

WrongWayWade

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just to watch you all freak out...

When I'm not feeling like taking the time to wash mine, I just go to Delta Sonic.
I know everyone says to never use a drive through wash, but I really like my ‘Hi-Speed Car Wash’ in Atlanta. They have some good wax stuff (Nitro Bond) and the goo they spray on the wheels/tires wipes down to a nice shine for the wheels. I have yet to see anything that looks like a swirl or brush mark.
I also did the G-Techniq Lite ceramic coating, (about an hour of effort) and like the results.

The only complaint I have about the Type R is the horizontal lower door sills that ALWAYS collects dirt and grime immediately on a wet road.
Sponsored