heresick

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch MT
Country flag
AZ here, as OP mentioned last weekend was 116 F. Gonna have a lot more weeks of this weather (usually 100+ till October) mornings are ideal time for sure, but we are playing in the water after all so it’s never unbearable to do yourself.

I regularly wash mine. I’m a doityourselfer at a local car wash bay in my area. There’s a last step spot free rinse that lightly mists from the pressure washer nozzle. I give my whole car a quick spray, then compressed air dry most of it off (car wash provides) then hit everything else with my drying towel in the shade.

A wash/dry/Meguires spray down takes about 30-40 minutes total and lasts me about two weeks of spot free shine before the AZ dust takes back over.
Sponsored

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
My setup

Honda Civic 10th gen Washing car in extreme heat 917D666E-19BE-49F6-8792-720E57F5D1D9

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
well damn...that's quite a setup. Looks expensive lol. Can I just come wash my car at your house?
Where in SoCal you from? I run a mobile detail in socal

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
rinseless washing inside a garage is awesome

unless your car is caked in mud, it is actually safer than a traditional two bucket wash

i use n914

1. spray the car down with n914, i like to use the waterless wash dilution for this (1:128). i use an ik sprayer to make it easier. this starts to encapsulate the dirt

2. apply n914 to the paint panel by panel, you can use whatever wash media you like. i like lake country’s newly designed sponge. this is at the rinseless wash dilution (1:256). i use one bucket but you can certainly set up a two bucket system

3. apply drying aid if desired (i use beadmaker for enhanced gloss and slickness, also sprayed via ik sprayer)

4. dry with towel of choice

5. this allows you to go panel by panel. if something dries before you get to it, it leaves polymer spots not water spots. just rewet with n914 and quickly dry

i actually sold my pressure washer and deionized water system after falling in love with rinseless washing. every once in a while i’ll spray the car off with a regular garden hose before pulling it into my well lit, climate controlled garage. can wash whenever i please

Last edited:

Anonymous8Bit

First Name
Jernelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
SoCal here too. I used a bottle of CG rinse less wash. Not sure if I used to much but the 16oz bottle only lasted for one wash but it worked. Just got a big bottle of ONR. Testing it on my sons civic this weekend lol

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
SoCal here too. I used a bottle of CG rinse less wash. Not sure if I used to much but the 16oz bottle only lasted for one wash but it worked. Just got a big bottle of ONR. Testing it on my sons civic this weekend lol
ONR and 3-4 gallon of distilled water from super market you’ll thank me later
Sponsored