letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Wondering how you guys go about washing your cars in extreme heat. Here in SoCal we are looking at temps of 102 or higher in some place (where I live the high today is 107). I know AZ is experiencing temps of up to 116 degrees.
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Early-early morning or late night. Park in the shade if possible. If none of those are options then keep the car wet as much as possible right up to actually drying it off.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Agree with @Phy. If you let it dry you will have water spots. Unless you have deionized water then you will be able to get away with washing in high heats. A cheaper alternative is waterless wash like something chemical guys sell and clean it like that. Find a shady spot let the car cool in the shade for like 15min before starting. Streaking and waxy stains are a lot easier to clean than water spots

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
i wash it right before sunrise as soon as there is enough light. washing takes less than an hour.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Invest in a DI system

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I'll wait until later in the day (not a morning guy) before I wash the car. Luckily, I garage it, too so it doesn't bake like crazy in direct sunlight before I take it to a wash bay.

OP
OP

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Agree with @Phy. If you let it dry you will have water spots. Unless you have deionized water then you will be able to get away with washing in high heats. A cheaper alternative is waterless wash like something chemical guys sell and clean it like that. Find a shady spot let the car cool in the shade for like 15min before starting. Streaking and waxy stains are a lot easier to clean than water spots
A waterless wash? Very intrigued. I'll look into this, thanks!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
DI? What is this?
It’s deionized water. Little pricey. It basically cleans you water more than what any basic normal filtration system does. The reason you aren’t suppose to wash in direct sunlight is because hose water has a ton of minerals inside the water that when the water evaporates it leaves the minerals behind and that’s what the water spots are. Deionized water is cleaner than purified water and distilled water. Essentially it’s straight water with no form of any contaminants in it. So when it evaporated there is no water spots left because it is just water, unlike water from your hose.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Sounds like a recipe for swirls, especially on a black car which will show it more than any other colour.
I think the same thing, especially with how dirty my car gets before I can wash it again.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A waterless wash? Very intrigued. I'll look into this, thanks!
Me too. I have a bunch of stuff from C.G but I never thought about trying a waterless wash. I wonder how much of a job that is. It’s probably like a cleaner that doesn’t leave water spots like crazy. The temp in Florida right now is 93°. I am not a morning person myself and plus I’m working from home but I really hate washing my car. I rather pay someone to do it. Yes, I’m a lazy ass. Lol but I refuse to take my car throng a car wash now that I have my trunk lid spoiler on and my sunroof visor on. I really don’t want to take a chance.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I should have probably put a disclaimer lol, I wouldn’t recommend it if your car is dirty dirty personally, although you can but I’d saturate the car with a good amount of product before wiping and use multiple microfiber towels. I use it more of a in-betweener, like in between washes. I’ve never tried it on a dirty dirty car although chemical guys does have videos of them using it on dirty cars. I wash my car weekly or every other week with a pressure washer so it doesn’t get extremely dirty, but sometimes it gets windy and it’ll make my car really dusty so I use the waterless wash then. It’s basically like a detail spray. It leaves you paint glossier/shinier and more sleak than a detail spray though (I feel like at least)
Sponsored