Washer Reservoir

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't find how much the windshield washer reservoir holds. I have a booster that I'd like to add and the mix ratio is 1 oz per gallon. I can premix it but it would be just as easy to add directly ... If I only knew what the reservoir held.
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Apparently they go through a lot more washer fluid up in Canada. Their cars hold nearly twice as much (2.6 qt vs 4.8 qt).

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Apparently they go through a lot more washer fluid up in Canada. Their cars hold nearly twice as much (2.6 qt vs 4.8 qt).
I think they have different safety requirements for windshield washer in Canada. They also get low washer fluid indicators in all Canadian cars.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I probably go through 1L some days on my 64km round trip to work.. It never ends.. :thumbsdown: But thanks for the bigger tank Honda!

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I kinda wish they had a low washer alert for US models. Believe it or not I had a warning light in a Nissan 200 SX from 1984!!!!

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I think they have different safety requirements for windshield washer in Canada. They also get low washer fluid indicators in all Canadian cars.
Not mandated but greatly appreciated. I go through a gallon a week during crappy spring weather (freezing rain & road grime from other vehicles) and typically buy it by the 4 pack. It sure is nice to be able to drop a full gallon jug into the reservoir.

I had a 1994 Nissan Sentra and it didn't have the typical low fuel idiot light but instead it had a low windshield washer fluid light.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I think we are in the clear now! @Ultrafrozen although I did hear possible snow around Kirkland Lake on CBC radio this morning :eek:
Time for the bug wash now lol, I watch the sales at Canadian Tire for it usually goes on sale once a month at least.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I think we are in the clear now! @Ultrafrozen although I did hear possible snow around Kirkland Lake on CBC radio this morning :eek:
Time for the bug wash now lol, I watch the sales at Canadian Tire for it usually goes on sale once a month at least.
Of all the towns available in Northeastern Ontario, they pick mine to send the snow to. Only less than 1 cm in the forecast so it will be over before it starts!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I couldn't find how much the windshield washer reservoir holds. I have a booster that I'd like to add and the mix ratio is 1 oz per gallon. I can premix it but it would be just as easy to add directly ... If I only knew what the reservoir held.
Why did we not go through the owners manual first...? OMG

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'd have to say, that's a much, much better thing.

America: Let's create tanks that hold about half a gallon, sell it in bottles that are a full gallon in size so that you're guaranteed to have an awkward slightly less than half-full bottle for a while.

And of course, the solution? Have it filled when you get your oil change, where they have volume rather than pouring it out of bottles. But with 3,000 miles not being the 'norm' for oil changes for a long time, and 10,000 mile intervals not being uncommon, the likelihood that you last a full change with a 2.6 qt tank (especially through the winter months) is pretty low.

I can say, this is one of those areas where the Canadian design is spot on.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
There's no low washer fluid warning on the US version? That's crazy. So is having a 2.6 qt. tank.

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
There's no low washer fluid warning on the US version? That's crazy. So is having a 2.6 qt. tank.
Yeah, our "low washer fluid warning" is when we hit the lever, and only a small amount creeps a quarter of the way up the windshield. That's how we know it's running out.
Sponsored