First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
So I am on my second 10th gen civic.

Originally had a 1.5T sedan and currently driving a Sport Hatch.

The past couple mornings have been much colder than it has been in the time I have owned the car. Both mornings my wiper fluid would not spray. It would slowly dribble out until it what I am assuming was warmed up enough to move freely. The drive to work isn't even long enough to get it warmed up. Engine reaches temp, 15-20 minutes of driving and half of that on the highway. This never happened on the sedan and I have used winter wiper fluid for both cars. I know my sedan was made here in Canada and the Hatch in the UK.

Is it possible the parts for the pump/tubes/nozzles are different/cheaper and that is causing the blockage?

Anyone else have this issue? I am thinking I should take it back to the dealership. The wiper fluid is great for breaking down the frost on the cold mornings.
Sponsored

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Is the fluid still on the factory fill? Maybe they used summer fluid? Maybe the dealership topped it off with summer fluid at some point? Check the reservoir to see if the fluid is frozen. Must be it, considering it's cold weather related.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hats_N_Hoodies

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Is the fluid still on the factory fill? Maybe they used summer fluid? Maybe the dealership topped it off with summer fluid at some point?
Nah, I use winter wiper fluid all year round. Either the rainX -40 or windex -40. And its all three nozzles having the issue. Both front windshield and rear windshield.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like I said, if the car had ever been in for service, they likely topped it up with summer fluid. It's obviously frozen.

OP
OP
Hats_N_Hoodies

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Like I said, if the car had ever been in for service, they likely topped it up with summer fluid. It's obviously frozen.
I bring it to a friend who works at a major dealership. Its never been topped by anyone other than myself I always had eyes on the car.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bring it to a friend who works at a major dealership. Its never been topped by anyone other than myself I always had eyes on the car.
Did you even physically look to see if it is frozen? Either that or it's empty.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
As a test, put some of your WW fluid in a cup, only an 1/8" high, cover it, and leave it outside overnight to see if it freezes.

OP
OP
Hats_N_Hoodies

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Did you even physically look to see if it is frozen? Either that or it's empty.
I had filled it up the day before. I am wondering if there was condensation in the lines due to the extreme temperature fluctuations we have had in Ottawa over last few weeks. managed to flush the two front nozzles. The rear is still blocked.

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
What happens is the alcohol in the washer fluid evaporates out the end of the nozzles and the tip of the nozzles freeze up. The solution is to boost your solution in the wintertime with a cup or two of isopropyl or denatured alcohol. I've been doing this for years and the problem went away.
Sponsored