Corrupt

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135, Element, Tracker
Country flag
I placed an order with PRL on 5 July and cannot even get get a straight answer as to the status. When I called the lady stated I should get a tracking number NLT the next day this was on the week of the 13th,. Has anyone else had problems with them or orders? I understand the C19 situation but don't take the money if they cannot deliver.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL is indeed backed up after everything that came with COVID19 but they are working their tails off to get caught up. They are producing and shipping massive amounts of inventory daily. They also have great information regarding when to expect orders posted right on their website. If you let me know what you ordered and when you ordered it, I may can help let you know what to expect.

OP
OP

Corrupt

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135, Element, Tracker
Country flag
PRL is indeed backed up after everything that came with COVID19 but they are working their tails off to get caught up. They are producing and shipping massive amounts of inventory daily. They also have great information regarding when to expect orders posted right on their website. If you let me know what you ordered and when you ordered it, I may can help let you know what to expect.
I places an order 5 July 2020 and have inquired twice about it and every time its the same lie "you will receive a tracking number the next day". #20692 I get the C19 problem but showing you have an item on your website and then cannot get it is a poor business practice with or without C19.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I donā€™t buy this crap.

Iā€™ve bought from 6 vendors for my build, and the 2 that went radio silent until I either threatened, or actually initiated, card disputes, SUDDENLY responded within a day.... guess what? They also had a history of reviews talking about crappy fulfillment.... and both had big old banners on their webpage about how bad COVID impacted them, and were so sorry, yada yada.

The other 4 Iā€™m guessing are just as busy, they just donā€™t suck. Bad communication upfront = 3:1 odds fulfillment sucks = 5:1 odds the backend customer service is non-existent.

Thereā€™s zero excuse in todayā€™s commerce for non response... weā€™re at 9% unemployment... hire some more folks.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Corrupt & JimmyReal,
I feel your pain but the whole world is constipated, backed up choking on potential profit turning into soured customers. This can be in due to supply issues but also because some people donā€™t want to risk interaction aka working and e eith potential worsening, few hiring.

PRL and other vendors should be realistic but we as consumers need more patience as situations vary by seller, sometimes within same org weekly, daily.

The false youā€™ll get _____ by tomorrow to some degree should be perceived as accepted since weā€™re so busy trying we donā€™t have time to be honest about backlog. That person is saying what theyā€™re told, trying hard, recognize the attempt however errant?

You can deal with it or take funds elsewhere, some companies selling inventory quickly never respond as much as PRL has.

Examples that might make you feel better:

I tried for weeks to order two top notch e-bikes with half dozen orders canx that or next day, no product. Finally found stock diff brands, one arrives damaged, other missing features listed, incomplete, no ā€˜ comes withā€™ accessories. Neither company has responded and the issues are minor. Theyā€™re so busy fulfilling they canā€™t pause (or hire) to help. This was over $3k total, doesnā€™t matter,both USA based importers, flatline.

R-related... ordered ASR custom hood scoop 31 Jan, still waiting, got two updates total, plus one sad, scoop still in fab. Also ordered matching F&R badges mid-Feb. Got msg theyā€™re done, ship next week, that was three weeks ago. Company is one guy, just got some CS help, not that I can tell. If their work wasnā€™t over the top amazing, Iā€™d have pulled out long ago. I paid $568 about six months ago and will wait longer. Theyā€™re slowly catching up but may be fulfilling external orders before direct.
Complaining doesnā€™t help, be positive not bitter if you do get a human, theyā€™re struggling now too.

You can send registered mail with a demand for accurate fulfill date or refund. I bet you still get nothing but echo.

Bummed worse than you, waiting longer so hang in there? ... or donā€™t expect promise without inherent delay.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can deal with it or take funds elsewhere, some companies selling inventory quickly never respond as much as PRL has.

You can send registered mail with a demand for accurate fulfill date or refund. I bet you still get nothing but echo.
Which one is it? I can get a refund and go elsewhere, or their communication is so shut down that said registered mail will be ignored?

Itā€™s shady af to act like something is in stock or gonna be drop shipped in a few days when you know itā€™s not. Itā€™s straight up immoral to let folks buy things you know you canā€™t fulfill then refuse to refund them.

Thatā€™s why Vivid SUDDENLY got their crap together and immediately refunded me about 3 hours after I filed a dispute with Amex.

Iā€™ve dealt with logistics for years, including just in time supply chains and drop shipped inventory management... hell, Iā€™m literally on one of my stateā€™s COVID supply chain working groups.

Ethical companies donā€™t jerk around their customers and hold their $$$ with paper thin excuses. Just like the other 4 companies I dealt with the past week that didnā€™t.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which one is it? I can get a refund and go elsewhere, or their communication is so shut down that said registered mail will be ignored?

Itā€™s shady af to act like something is in stock or gonna be drop shipped in a few days when you know itā€™s not. Itā€™s straight up immoral to let folks buy things you know you canā€™t fulfill then refuse to refund them.

Thatā€™s why Vivid SUDDENLY got their crap together and immediately refunded me about 3 hours after I filed a dispute with Amex.

Iā€™ve dealt with logistics for years, including just in time supply chains and drop shipped inventory management... hell, Iā€™m literally on one of my stateā€™s supply chain working groups.

Ethical companies donā€™t jerk around their customers and hold their $$$ with paper thin excuses. Just like the other 4 companies I dealt with the past week that didnā€™t.
Youā€™re absolutely right itā€™s immoral, but technically not illegal as thatā€™s a bird of prey with C19.

If you can find alternative vendors or parts and see them moving you can notify other to canx order. If it arrives, refuse it and keep email history and log of all attempts. I just chill and wait longer, no fire, no fun had until vaccine anyway.
Best of luck whatever you choose to do.

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
I placed an order with PRL on 5 July and cannot even get get a straight answer as to the status. When I called the lady stated I should get a tracking number NLT the next day this was on the week of the 13th,. Has anyone else had problems with them or orders? I understand the C19 situation but don't take the money if they cannot deliver.

Yes & No.

I placed an order back in May-June for a Cobra Cold Air Intake. I knew there would be some sort of delay as i was certain the worldly situation would for sure impact my ETA...as mentioned on the website as well.

After my ETA has passed, i decided to give PRL a call. Spoke to a woman as well, and was also given the same shpeel as you. "NLT EOD Today/Tomorrow". Not true at all.

Called again, and spoke to a guy this time and got a real ETA. 3 Business day at the least.
Got a tracking the following day and received the intake the next day.

Soo..... make of my experience of what you may, but i really think its not unreasonable for them to be backed up... maybe its who you talk to?

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Youā€™re absolutely right itā€™s immoral, but technically not illegal as thatā€™s a bird of prey with C19.

If you can find alternative vendors or parts and see them moving you can notify other to canx order.Best of luck whatever you choose to do.
I guess I take it personal when I have friends losing everything theyā€™ve built but sticking to being ethical, and certain vendors, again not all of them, decide they can make 120% of their sales being shady af instead of 110% by being good stewards and giving folks an honest option to cancel.

Iā€™m most bothered because some young kid is unlikely to know or have access to the recourses that I have. I was definitely incensed they wanted to hold my $2k, but it didn't hurt me financially, and I can afford the $$$ Amex annual fees that offer me things like a dispute system vendors donā€™t dare cross. Some poor kidā€™s probably spent his whole fun budget for the year, and now he's just up shit creek. Thatā€™s what makes me irate.

Thereā€™s also a difference between poor customer service, like misinforming folks about tracking info or shipment dates, and being impossible to get ahold of to cancel an order. The former is bad business, but itā€™s not intentional like what Iā€™m talking about.... until it is the only response somebody gets time and time again.

Last edited:

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We apologize for any delays or inconvenience, which has been inevitable over the past few months. I'm not sure if any of you folks have seen, but we have made numerous posts on social media and the forums (including our answering machine messages, email auto-replies) over the past few months explaining what's going on, the delays, preferred order-etiquette, etc, and the steps we've been taking to improve up all of these hurdles. We feel that we've been rather transparent in regards to what's going on in this situation. I'm not sure that anybody realizes that aside from all of the supply chain shortages, the amount of inquiries and sales have also increased drastically during this period of time (due to natural growth, increased money in pockets and the fact that so many people were home). Working with limited staff during most of this time, and then returning back to our "normal" staff, we were not equipped to deal with this. There is a reason most companies are struggling to fulfill popular products at this time. Let it be known that we (like any reputable company) aren't off enjoying lavish vacations with free time with customers' hard-earned money. Instead, our employees are putting in extended hours and receiving messages/phone calls 24/7 from customers and Dealers asking for updates, which are constantly changing. Please note that each ETA/ESD is an "estimate" which is provided to the best of our knowledge. It is impossible to update each and every customer with every single product that is offered, which is why our site's ETAs are constantly being update. If referring to another manufacturer's product, it is impossible to provide accurate updates if sellers are not provided with one. Also, the assumption that customers need to "threaten with a claim/dispute," or have any type of attitude is never necessary. A simple request for cancellation refund can be asked anytime, and can usually be offered and processed within 24 hours if a product has not been shipped. Claims/disputes add more time and hassle to something that could've been taken care of with a please-and-thank-you.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Weird, I've always gotten a reply to any of my inquiries within the same day on a business day. I've always emailed them or messaged Spencer on here. He's the go to there for help as he's helped me out and gone the extra mile countless times. Like I had ordered an oil cap and the charge pipe kit, the system tried to make it 2 separate packages doubling the shipping rate so I said something about it and got the cap thrown in the same box as the charge pipes, with a nice discounted price on the cap.

Recently I lost my '19 fk8 to a deer and he helped me get my hands on a replacement thermal coated ti pipe and hvi, the cast aluminum elbow that bolts to the compressor survived, but the titanium pipe and entire HVI were destroyed. I was able to get all I needed to have the same set up on my new R. All of that for just under $600. On top of that, he threw in new exhaust and downpipe hardware I mentioned I was missing or had been corroded. I had lost the heat shield spacer and screw kit on the DP. I was already impressed with the help I received, when I opened the package to find extra goodies I hadn't expected or expressly asked for. Took me back a moment.

Did you happen to check the inventory spreadsheet data base before ordering? It's usually up to date on what's in stock and what's out along with it's ETA. Sometimes suppliers fall through or delay parts that prl needs to complete orders so it gets pushed back. I don't know who you spoke to but tracking numbers start as soon as they print the shipping label and send it to FedEx or usps. Saying you'll get a tracking number tomorrow doesn't sound right on their part. You'll get it when it's shipping
Sponsored