Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
One thing I also forgot to mention is in the footage of the test drive the mechanic driving actually does rev limiter pretty hard in 1st gear. I don't know how likely it would have been for that to cause damage but still worthy of mention.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Review your warranty information. If you aren’t satisfied with corporate, you’re on step 3.

STEP 3
If you disagree with the decision reached by the staff of Honda Automobile Customer Service, you may request to have your case reviewed in an independent forum run by the National Center for Dispute Settlement (NCDS).You may file a claim at any time by calling NCDS toll-free at 877-545-0055.
You may also write to: National Center for Dispute Settlement
P.O. Box 1108
Mt. Clemens, MI 48046
The purpose of NCDS is to
resolve disputes between vehicle manufacturers and their customers. NCDS’s decision makers are impartial third parties who will listen to both the customer and the manufacturer and decide what can be done to resolve the disagreement.
NCDS’s decision is not binding on you unless you agree to accept it.
If you accept the decision, Honda will abide by it. Generally, disputes submitted to NCDS are resolved within 40 days (47 days if you have not first contacted Honda about your complaint).
Honda offers you the opportunity to mediate and arbitrate a disagreement through NCDS because we want you to feel that you have been treated fairly.
Eligibility is limited by your vehicle’s age, mileage, and other factors. In order to file a claim, you need to provide your name and address, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your vehicle, and a brief statement outlining the disagreement. Initially, NCDS may try to resolve the disagreement through mediation. If this is not successful, your complaint will be reviewed by an impartial arbitrator.You may present the facts of your case to the arbitrator at an informal meeting.
Customer Satisfaction
We encourage you to use this program before, or instead of, going to court. It is informal, free of charge to you, and generally resolves problems much faster than the court system. Lawyers are usually not involved in the resolution of claims through NCDS, although you may obtain one at your own expense if you choose.
If you want to go to court, Honda does not require you to first file a claim with NCDS. Please note that laws in some states may require that you file a claim with NCDS before you can proceed to a state-operated dispute resolution process or the court system. If you do not accept the decision of NCDS, you can still go
to court.

Sucks... with the world effectively shutdown but you aren’t done. I would tell corporate you’re intending to escalate.
Wow thanks That will actually help alot.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Its so hard to find just one person willing to help you at honda corperate. I was put on hold for probably 2 hours overall and transfered to at least 10 different people and got absolutly nowhere.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Its so hard to find just one person willing to help you at honda corperate. I was put on hold for probably 2 hours overall and transfered to at least 10 different people and got absolutly nowhere.
Honda Corporate is in Southern California, which is on mandatory lockdown. They probably only have a skeleton staff, so in this case I would give them a bit of a break

OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda Corporate is in Southern California, which is on mandatory lockdown. They probably only have a skeleton staff, so in this case I would give them a bit of a break
Yeah true, Theyre very low on employees.

OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Dealership may be extending their closure :banghead:.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I’ll play Devil’s Advocate and state other facts that are not included:
You have a 2019 Si and must surely have been on CivicX prior to this post. However, there is only this thread that exists in your history. I would suspect that there is another account that would reveal a few mods and cause suspect.
As I understand, the vehicle was actually repaired by an authorized Honda repair location? Either way, there would have been a diagnostic check after everything was put back into place. Valves aren’t bent from faulty repairs on parts.
Be mindful that if you press this matter in a legal forum, that surprises revealed can have you paying for more than just the engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ll play Devil’s Advocate and state other facts that are not included:
You have a 2019 Si and must surely have been on CivicX prior to this post. However, there is only this thread that exists in your history. I would suspect that there is another account that would reveal a few mods and cause suspect.
As I understand, the vehicle was actually repaired by an authorized Honda repair location? Either way, there would have been a diagnostic check after everything was put back into place. Valves aren’t bent from faulty repairs on parts.
Be mindful that if you press this matter in a legal forum, that surprises revealed can have you paying for more than just the engine.
The car only has 1 mod and thats my maperofrmace quad tip exhaust. I made this civicx account to describe my issue and get help. This is my first account so you will probably not find my car anywhere on these forms. I have used this form for getting more information about my car but never got to making an account until my situation got bad. If you want some extra info id be glad to provide it. Also that exhaust is still on the car at the dealership.

Last edited:

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The car only has 1 mod and thats my maperofrmace quad tip exhaust. I made this civicx account to describe my issue and get help. This is my first account so you will probably not find my car anywhere on these forms. I have used this form for getting more information about my car but never got to making an account until my situation got bad. If you want some extra info id be glad to provide it. Also that exhaust is still on the car at the dealership.
Your “Selling Point” is with Honda, not CivicX members. Besides, in this matter an attorney should be answering all your questions, because you can’t come out on top without one.

OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Your “Selling Point” is with Honda, not CivicX members. Besides, in this matter an attorney should be answering all your questions, because you can’t come out on top without one.
I agree, but I just wanted to see if anyone had a better suggestion before having to go through with an attorney.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, but I just wanted to see if anyone had a better suggestion before having to go through with an attorney.
Yes. Start with arbitration. It costs nothing and can come before hiring an attorney to file a civil case against Honda.

OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes. Start with arbitration. It costs nothing and can come before hiring an attorney to file a civil case against Honda.
I think thats what I will definitely do if the dealership ever opens backup.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
When all else fails, arbitration will be your best bet. Unless given a compelling reason to not believe you, I am assuming that your story is truthful and you have no other mods besides the exhaust, which should not void your engines warranty. As @Hollywoo0220 stated, you should probably at least talk to an attorney when this pandemic is over

OP
OP
Dre0415

Dre0415

First Name
Dre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
When all else fails, arbitration will be your best bet. Unless given a compelling reason to not believe you, I am assuming that your story is truthful and you have no other mods besides the exhaust, which should not void your engines warranty. As @Hollywoo0220 stated, you should probably at least talk to an attorney when this pandemic is over
At this point I just have to wait till the dealership reopens I cant do anything until then.
Sponsored