Warranty questions nobody could answer for me (Canada)

drewmac9

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hello,

Just got my car for a daily, I was told there's comprehensive warranty until 200k km or 2024, there's 160 on it now. I was wondering what would happen if I put some bolt-ons on my car? Catless down pipe, intake, 3" exhaust. If the warranty for just those parts would be voided or would it be the whole thing? Also, if I tuned my car and something not related to the engine happened, would that be covered if it wasn't the cause? Last, is there anything I could do that'd make the dealer not want to service the car and would I run into any problems just doing the occasional pull, due to the tile mileage on the car?

If anyone could answer these for me it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Theoretically, if your modifications are not the cause of the problem, the warranty should be honored.

In my opinion, it depends on your dealer.

If you have already entrusted your car to him and he has made a lot of money with you he will probably be more willing to honor the warranty than if you never went to him.
This topic is discussed regularly.

OP
OP

drewmac9

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
what does the warranty cover?

is this warranty from honda? or is it a third party warranty?
The warranty is from Honda and covers pretty much everything, it's comprehensive.

Rabbitcivic

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic lx, 2017 Acura ILX, 7th gen si 4door
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing about Honda warranty and also from Canada myself. I planning to do as well AEM intake, catless RV6 Performance downpipe and ktuner eventually. I think I'll consult with the same dealer where I always goes for services and warranty so they won't void for whatever reason with my modifications without any unexpected surprise.