Warranty question

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
That would be a new one to me and my coworkers (Honda service department). Never heard of an exhaust failing from a manufacturing defect. Also the exhaust is not part of the electrical system used for the fake sound.
It was a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor.
Sponsored

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor.
Aahhh, I should have know but now a days, you never know if someone’s serious or not haha

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Aahhh, I should have know but now a days, you never know if someone’s serious or not haha
I'm just saying that most manufacturers don't want to pay out anything so will look for any excuse not to.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just saying that most manufacturers don't want to pay out anything so will look for any excuse not to.
Honda is pretty good with warranties but when I worked at dodge...much different. But yea, you’re very right about that.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have received a couple PMs letting me know to be careful about posting that I removed the adaptive sound control as Honda could invalidate my warranty for that. Is that really a thing? Could Honda trash my warranty because I disconnected and removed the fake engine noise module?

Fun Fact-

My Civic's sunroof did not work when I first got the car. Me being the "know it all" I am, removed the entire over head module thinking I could fix it myself, took it apart, and ruined the whole module. (Dome lights no longer worked, small led in the module no longer worked).

I took just the part into the dealer, explained why I did what I did, and it turned out it wasn't a problem at all. They requested I put the module back in the roof and warranty took care of it 100%.

Just keep the component, find a dealer that you like, and install when you take it in.

You should be just fine

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Frankly, I don't see manufacturers, at least the better ones like Honda, trying to go ever go around the Magnusson-Moss law in the US.
The dealers sometimes try some tricks, or sometimes are misinformed, but once the things get to Honda, I haven't heard about such cases. In the AC condenser case they tried to blame leaks on road damage, and the dealers were trying to treat refilling with refrigerant as maintenance, but this is something else. Anyone knows cases when Honda refused warranty repair because some unrelated thing was tampered with or some other fake pretext? Like because someone used a different fluid etc?

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I have received a couple PMs letting me know to be careful about posting that I removed the adaptive sound control as Honda could invalidate my warranty for that. Is that really a thing? Could Honda trash my warranty because I disconnected and removed the fake engine noise module?
No, unless your warranty issue is electrical.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
This lawsuit was a scam by the greedy lawyers and courts. The lawyers made millions as usual on baseless accusations.
It seems odd to me that since Honda clearly publishes its rates that someone would not know the rate that everyone gets regardless of racial makeup.

Racist lawsuits like this are one of this country’s biggest social ills. It’s just sad that it goes on.

lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
You don't own the car. It's there car until & if you buy it at the end of there lease... Right.
Sponsored