Warranty Question

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
So driving on the highway and a rock flew up and chipped the windshield. There is now a crack in the windshield and I need to get it replaced.

My question is, did anyone else get the 3 in 1 Road Hazard Protection warranty through Honda? It is supposed to cover windshields, tires and wheels, and lost keys. I tried to use this warranty to get the windshield replaced, but they kind of gave me a quick run around saying it won't cover it because it only covers small chips and cracks (lol).

I feel like I need to be more aggressive, but I mean c'mon what is the point of having it if it doesn't cover this??

What do you think?
Sponsored

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
So driving on the highway and a rock flew up and chipped the windshield. There is now a crack in the windshield and I need to get it replaced.

My question is, did anyone else get the 3 in 1 Road Hazard Protection warranty through Honda? It is supposed to cover windshields, tires and wheels, and lost keys. I tried to use this warranty to get the windshield replaced, but they kind of gave me a quick run around saying it won't cover it because it only covers small chips and cracks (lol).

I feel like I need to be more aggressive, but I mean c'mon what is the point of having it if it doesn't cover this??

What do you think?
Having insurance in Arizona will cover windshield replacements for free. Arizona is one of the few states that offer this kind of coverage.

Surprised the dealer didn't just tell you this /\

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
so.. did they give you a detailed description on the 3 in 1 road hazard protection plan? surely you read the coverage before you bought the protection plan right?

go find it and report back to us
To be honest they read it off to me and I didn't even pay attention. If it says windshield coverage, I wouldn't have that there was much more to it than that.. lol. What is the difference between replacing a cracked windshield or a chipped windshield?m

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
To be honest they read it off to me and I didn't even pay attention. If it says windshield coverage, I wouldn't have that there was much more to it than that.. lol. What is the difference between replacing a cracked windshield or a chipped windshield?m
Chipped windshield isn't going to be replaced but fixable as long as the chip isn't bigger than a dime. Cracked windshield will need to be replaced as it's illegal in Arizona. Dealership made some money selling you insurance that you already have except for the wheels and keys.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Chipped windshield isn't going to be replaced but fixable as long as the chip isn't bigger than a dime. Cracked windshield will need to be replaced as it's illegal in Arizona. Dealership made some money selling you insurance that you already have except for the wheels and keys.
Translations - HA HA SUCKA!

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Translations - HA HA SUCKA!
Lesson learned hopefully, once you get in the finance office signing papers. Best practice is to say "No" since they will try to nickel and dime you for extra things you don't need.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
generally speaking the dealership will only cover a windshield if it is defective from the factory, i haven't seen too many but they're out there. i know my dealer atleast does not cover rock chips or any damage caused by debris, thats on the owners insurance company

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Also for the tire insurance, on average the tread life is around 7k-10k miles. Insurance will not cover tires when it reaches a certain tread life.

FYI for future car buyers:

GAP insurance - Cheaper to get from your bank or auto insurance.
Extended warranty - Shop around other dealers and only manufacture and not 3rd party coverage.
Document Fee - no more than $85.

Last edited:

mmcglasson

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ
Also for the tire insurance, on average the tread life is around 7k-10k miles. Insurance will not cover tires when it reaches a certain tread life.

FYI for future car buyers:

GAP insurance - Cheaper to get from your bank or auto insurance.
Extended warranty - Shop around other dealers and only manufacture and not 3rd party coverage.
Document Fee - no more than $85.
Can't you return this purchase? It will be a prorated return but you should be able to get some of your money back. I bought this package too and I've been thinking about selling it back.

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Can't you return this purchase? It will be a prorated return but you should be able to get some of your money back. I bought this package too and I've been thinking about selling it back.
I know you can with warranties but not sure about OP's additional insurance coverage.
Sponsored