Warranty friendly dealers in SF Bay Area

mmmthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
Anyone know of any warranty friendly dealers in the sf bay area region? Starting to get the issue where the front grill is detaching from the bumper similar to the ones seen here at this megathread. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/front-grille-coming-apart.3495/

Wanted to see if anyone had this issue and brought it into a dealer who’s familiar with the issue.
Sponsored

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I can't speak for that issue, but I took my CTR into Anderson Honda in Palo Alto because the head unit keeps messing up (black screen, clock & GPS gets messed up, CarPlay is a disaster). After taking it in twice, they've ordered me a new head unit that they'll install under warranty. Unfortunately the part's back-ordered, but that's not the dealer's fault.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I go to Anderson as well for smaller stuff since they are close to me, and WAY better than AutoNation Fremont. Drew Eng at Sierra Monte is the place to go though. He doesn't do warranty work himself (he does all the performance mods), but he's done all the work most of the bay area CTR's and will make sure the warranty techs take care of you.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't speak for that issue, but I took my CTR into Anderson Honda in Palo Alto because the head unit keeps messing up (black screen, clock & GPS gets messed up, CarPlay is a disaster). After taking it in twice, they've ordered me a new head unit that they'll install under warranty. Unfortunately the part's back-ordered, but that's not the dealer's fault.
I have this issue as well but really don't want to pull my catless downpipe out to take it in for this... It's also very random and may be hard to replicate so that's another reason I hesitate to take it in... but there is a whole slew of issues to the point I just use google maps on my phone and bluetooth for music - if that works. Also, when I go to reset the head unit, it will not actually restart. You can hold the volume knob and press yes over and over again but nothing helps. I never had any of these issues on my '19 touring head unit, and with the number of issues I've read about '21 head units, I have a hunch they tried to update some stuff and it screwed with the rest of the system. Hope I'm wrong.

One user on here noted that their main ground from the battery was not a secure ground... maybe something about the metal surface not being sanded down or something. That individual stated they had not had issues since...
Sponsored