Warranty Extension due to fuel diluting oil? Type R or no?

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
So I have heard by many online sources Honda is extending warranties on many new motors due the tuning and how it takes longer to warm up and uses more fuel longer which in turn has found to be diluting oil and causing issues over time. So my question is does this issue affect our Type R's or no? I would imagine it does, but the question will be will Honda admit it... We are a much lower production number and I am sure motors are more pricey so I am sure they hope they can not issue the extended warranty to us. Anybody have any info on this subject?
Sponsored

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
To my knowledge, no significant fuel dilution issues have been reported on the K20C Type R engine. The 1.5 vs. the 2.0 may seem similar, but they could very well be different enough that the 2.0 is not affected.

OP
OP

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
To my knowledge, no significant fuel dilution issues have been reported on the K20C Type R engine. The 1.5 vs. the 2.0 may seem similar, but they could very well be different enough that the 2.0 is not affected.
Sure hope there are no issues. From the research I have done it has to do with the programing of the Earth Dream Motors and how they are programed to be nicer to the environment only they missed the mark which is worse for the environment and also for the motors health. I bet we will see this issue across all Earth Dream Motors overtime, but so far only been public about the most produced motors as that is where the most issues are so far... Of course I really hope to be wrong in this case as I don't want to see that happen. Luckily on the two Honda my wife and I have we both have a 8yr/120K Honda warranty so we are covered. Thanks to the members not his form for guiding me on where to go to get them for under 1K each. Well worth under 1K in my opinion as something of that expense or more is bound to happen before 8yr/120K.... Heck I need to get my R to the dealer for A/C noises and trans grind as it is... Just dreading taking my car to a dealer..., but that is another topic for another thread/day. ha

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Our k20c1 engine isn't new either. A form of it is already in the fk2. Any problems seem to have been worked out if any. there aren't any reports of problems related to oiling.

OP
OP

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Our k20c1 engine isn't new either. A form of it is already in the fk2. Any problems seem to have been worked out if any. there aren't any reports of problems related to oiling.
Hope this is right. My R already has the trans issue the last thing I want is to add engine issues to it. ha

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hope this is right. My R already has the trans issue the last thing I want is to add engine issues to it. ha
He is, the FK8 motor is the same one found in the FK2 which was released for the 2015 model year (so cars probably started selling late 2014). The motor is probably 5-6 years old now, so most medium-to-long term issues should have popped up by now.
Sponsored