Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Just got mine too BUT it primarily speaks about leaks in the A/C unit. So from what I read word for word is that after the basic warranty and the compressor goes out and there was no leak than we pay out of our own pocket to repair it.
Sponsored

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
My letter arrived today. 2019 FK8.
As an update: A/C has been blowing slightly cool, at best, and there has been excesssive puddling under the car, including a green colored compressor oil. Dealership confirmed today that it is a bad compressor. Factory warranty runs out in about three months. Parts were ordered today, and the repair is under warranty.

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
As an update: A/C has been blowing slightly cool, at best, and there has been excesssive puddling under the car, including a green colored compressor oil. Dealership confirmed today that it is a bad compressor. Factory warranty runs out in about three months. Parts were ordered today, and the repair is under warranty.
Compressor and install was covered in full under factory warranty with three months left on the 3/36. I spoke with the tech that did the work, and he said Honda hasn't officially recognized the problem, but there is a problem with these A/C compressors.

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Just got mine too BUT it primarily speaks about leaks in the A/C unit. So from what I read word for word is that after the basic warranty and the compressor goes out and there was no leak than we pay out of our own pocket to repair it.
I’d be willing to bet that though a compressor could go out, it could still have a high probability for leaks. So I’d have them check that too and if it was found to have leaks then they can replace the whole thing. For a unit to be produced wrong (acknowledged via the letter as a defect) and to send out letters to owners means there is more than enough statistical evidence to put forth the effort to play this hand of blackjack.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Last month my son had both the compressor and the condenser replaced on his 2019.
Honda covered the whole thing. That's good to know.

BillyMBrown

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic
Country flag
Had to go all the way to Honda Corporate in Torrance (including a letter to Japan) to get my AC fixed. It seems each time I brought it in (SoCal), all THREE TIMES, that by some strange coincidence, it was a different part...Condenser, compressor, etc etc... My persistence finally paid off and Honda finally fixed this sub par sub quality AC. My wife's Corolla has an AC that rivals Antarctica...
do you have a phone number I can call for honda corporate ? my 2018 went bad, the ac

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Wanted to share my experience with getting my a/c fixed. The dealer found leaks at both the compressor and the condenser and replaced them both.

I had 36k miles so was just out of the factory warranty, but I did purchase 7yr/100k HondaCare through Saccuci. HondaCare paid for itself with that compressor repair. We'll see if it happens again in another 30k.
Sponsored