500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Just recieved this after I had the Oil Dilution updates done.

Honda Civic 10th gen Warranty Extended by Honda 15633097981162193777135775861249
Sponsored

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I'm not sure its related to the oil dilution. I just got mine out of the blue. Only visited the dealer for its free oil change and no mention of any oil dilution service.

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
This is going to slowly stress me out because I used a ktuner on my car not too long after getting it and with this arriving in the mail I might be SOL if anything happens.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
This is going to slowly stress me out because I used a ktuner on my car not too long after getting it and with this arriving in the mail I might be SOL if anything happens.
You'll be fine. Ktuner reverts you back to same factory calibration that came with your car. Honda will be none-the-wiser. Just make sure you don't have any ktuner stickers on your car, and the device reverted you back to stock and is unlocked from the vehicle.

OP
OP
Mcclaughry95

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
You'll be fine. Ktuner reverts you back to same factory calibration that came with your car. Honda will be none-the-wiser. Just make sure you don't have any ktuner stickers on your car, and the device reverted you back to stock and is unlocked from the vehicle.
I've been on tsp stage 1 since 3k miles. I flash back to stock and disconnect battery for 10 minutes to wipe the data logs the computer saves. Then drive a few hundred miles without revving high.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
I've been on tsp stage 1 since 3k miles. I flash back to stock and disconnect battery for 10 minutes to wipe the data logs the computer saves. Then drive a few hundred miles without revving high.
Just an FYI - The ECU doesn't log data unless certain DTC's are present. No need to remove the battery.

If the dealer asks why your key cycle count is so low, just say your battery died.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Diagnostic Trouble Codes

OP
OP
Mcclaughry95

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Just an FYI - The ECU doesn't log data unless certain DTC's are present. No need to remove the battery.

If the dealer asks why your key cycle count is so low, just say your battery died.
My manual says different.

Honda Civic 10th gen Warranty Extended by Honda Screenshot_20190716-195405_Write on PDF

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
The manual is stating exactly what I just said under "Service Diagnostic Records"

The only thing its expanding on, is that they can use the HDS to look at live data on the car. If you're flashed to stock, they'll just see how the car is performing NOW. Not how it was doing before. DTC's, when presented, can capture data of how the car was running at the time, which is used under the "Service Diagnostic Records". Hence the verbiage "..help technicians diagnose and solve service problems".

DTC's = Diagnostic Trouble Codes.

No where in the ECU does it log data of the car's tune, or history of a tune outside of certain DTC's being present. If the ECU matches the software, and data there in, Honda is none the wiser.

The EDR only records speed, amongst other things - unrelated to the car's tune - in the event of a crash.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
I will also add... DTC's can be cleared using Ktuner. That will clear any information kept with the DTC as well.

OP
OP
Mcclaughry95

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I've noticed people being denied warranty claims due to hitting the red line too much or other bull that they come up with to screw us over. So I figured they are recording more then I know about. I go about it as better safe then sorry. Hopefully never have a warranty claim and I'll be able to build the engine before it blows. But this would save the hassel of doing what I've been doing. I'm starting to assume your a Honda tech and know better then I do.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Yeah i hear ya. Always best to be safe than sorry.

Dealers usually go out of their way to screw people. For the people who rev out their engines.. honda wont know unless theres an over rev condition, which can trigger a DTC and log some data. Which is probably why people got denied.

Ehh, i wasnt a tech but i use to process warranty claims at a Honda dealer here in Kansas for a few years..

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I've noticed people being denied warranty claims due to hitting the red line too much or other bull that they come up with to screw us over. So I figured they are recording more then I know about. I go about it as better safe then sorry. Hopefully never have a warranty claim and I'll be able to build the engine before it blows. But this would save the hassel of doing what I've been doing. I'm starting to assume your a Honda tech and know better then I do.
I think you're referring to the overrev condition which reportedly cannot be erased. That's a bit different than the fuel cut triggered when approaching redline.

I don't know if it's a DTC or something stored in the EDR. But it reportedly requires specialty equipment beyond the typical OBDII interface.

Edit: just noticed it was explained above. :)
Sponsored