- Aug 22, 2017
- Reaction score
- Ridgeland, MS
- '17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
I don't recall the exact description, but the GM called yesterday and stated that they needed to replace a boost control manifold sensor. The part would be installed today and I should get the car back. The GM and DPSM tried calling me today, but I was not available when they called. I called back as soon as I noticed the missed call. The GM confirmed there was still a code after replacing the sensor and the Honda Tech Line along with the DPSM approved a new harness. It should arrive tomorrow.
From the beginning, the DPSM would only contact me from a restricted phone number (I had to un-block restricted numbers on my phone) and rarely replies to email, so the only way I can speak with him is if I happen to catch his call. He will not leave a voicemail or reply to my email. I've been extremely professional the whole time, so this just makes the situation more frustrating. When I do catch his calls, he's very professional, but I don't have the luxury of sitting around all day waiting for a phone call.
UPDATE: I finally caught the DPSM's latest call and received his direct line with the promise I wouldn't abuse it. We spoke for an hour discussing the service record, depreciation, time spent on diagnosis, technical competence, and customer service. He was very profesdional and apologetic.
The harness replacement is a 5 hour job so we'll see if I get the car back tomorrow.
The DPSM called yesterday evening after leaving a 3 hour meeting at the local store. A big part of it was the GM trying to get reimbursed for a ton of additional labor for working with Tech Line on the CTR.
The store's Tech was able to press on a harness wire attached to the boost solenoid, causing it to stay open, which produced an over-boost code. This was another confirmation that the original ECU's additional boost trouble code (which also happened with the new ECU) was not caused by, "another PCM had been connected" and "a modified or aftermarket PCM."
They replaced the harness today and I'll be meeting the DPSM tomorrow afternoon (depending on the weather) to return my original ECU for a refund and hopefully pick up the car.
My primary concerns at this stage:
1. Is all the work finally done correctly? - We'll see...
2. Will the false accusations and assumptions recorded in the service history be removed? - The DPSM is "adding corrections to the story," but implied that he can't alter the notes in the Repair Orders (RO's) at this time.
3. If not, how much will the car depreciate from #2? - According to a GM at another store, this will cause a big hit if it shows up on Carfax. I pulled a report today and it's fine, but it can take 30 days to update.
4. Will I (or the next owner) run into any future warranty issues? - The DPSM says that it won't, but I'm not so sure.
More to come...
Great to hear that things are settling down and that the dealership is honoring the warranty. It sucks that they gave you the runaround for so long and that they have been seemingly so selfishly motivated behind the scenes. Here's hoping your future experiences are good with repairs, but I'd also like to recommend that you find a mechanic in your area that specializes in Japanese imports and make good friends with them. That way you can take the car to them to analyze independently of Honda should you run into any more issues (and you'll need a good import mechanic after your warranty runs out anyway as Honda charges way too much for their services outside of warranty).The DPSM and I spoke in person for an hour. He cleaned up a lot of the service history and provided me a copy. It basically says that the suspected ECU modification was misdiagnosed. Everyone was apologetic
I received the refund check for the ECU and turned in my original. They installed the new lower engine cover and hardware I purchased so I could drive the CTR home in the rain without kicking crap up under the motor. It looks like they put well over 100 miles on the odometer.
The car sat in my garage overnight and I drove it for 45 minutes this morning.
No issues so far.