First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Howdy,

It seems the dealers are offering all kinds of warranties, glass, paint, tires and wheels, etc. I purchased the tire and wheel protection for $490/5 years. I'm curious what people have purchased and at what price. What is a good deal and what is reasonable. Pot holes are big in Tucson and tire and wheel insurance seems like a deal when wheels are $1100.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Have you spent more than $490 in the last 5 years on replacement tires and wheels due to damage?

There are companies that repair wheels for $150 or less. The company I work for sells some of the equipment that is used during this repair process.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I purchased the tire and wheel road hazard insurance. 5 years $450. I had my Sport 6 months and spent $225 on a tire replacement due to a pothole. I figured $450 was worth it for these tires and our Ohio roads.
I also bought the HondaCare for 7 years, 80,000 miles. I paid $1650. Finance guy said price was going to $2850 July 1. They didn't have a CTR code yet.

OP
OP
Plombhpa

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Have you spent more than $490 in the last 5 years on replacement tires and wheels due to damage?

There are companies that repair wheels for $150 or less. The company I work for sells some of the equipment that is used during this repair process.
No I have never needed this service before but now I have a Type R with 20 in rims with 30 series tires in a town with large pot holes.

cvue

First Name
Chao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ehh...A Honda?
Country flag
As someone who is on the list soon to be picking up their CTR, will the maintenance for the wheels be a PITA? I am super worried about the 20 rims and thin amount of thread. Anyone want to throw in their 2 cents about this? Thanks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
As someone who is on the list soon to be picking up their CTR, will the maintenance for the wheels be a PITA? I am super worried about the 20 rims and thin amount of thread. Anyone want to throw in their 2 cents about this? Thanks.
You don't get any snow in Minnesota do you? o_O Maintenance as far as? Cleaning the wheels is easy, but they get covered in brake dust very quickly. Tires claim to get 10,000 miles on them, I suspect depending on how you drive you will get more or less. I agree on the road hazard coverage as we have some pretty shitty roads in NE Ohio. I've sliced tires in pot holes recently, but not with the CTR which would be easier. There is plenty of discussion in other threads on tires, rims, winter driving, etc. Head over to random chat and search. :coffee:

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Hi,

My dealer is quoting me $900 for Honda Civic Type R Tire and wheel protection. You seem to have gotten it for much lower price. Any pointers on how to get the lowered price?

Thanks.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Hi,

My dealer is quoting me $900 for Honda Civic Type R Tire and wheel protection. You seem to have gotten it for much lower price. Any pointers on how to get the lowered price?

Thanks.
Shop around, but it could be that warranty companies are beginning to adjust their prices significantly upwards after having paid a few claims already.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Thanks. Can one purchase the tire and wheel protection after purchasing the car? I am also in touch with our forum member RACER as well.

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
I just bought the type R and I was told that the warranty for the turbo, etc. was only 1 year and that I needed to purchase the service contract for $2600. Is this true?

Also, I literally bought it off the dealership showroom floor and drove it home and it was leaking coolant. I brought it back and there was a hole in my lower radiator hose. Anyone else have this issue?

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
I just bought the type R and I was told that the warranty for the turbo, etc. was only 1 year and that I needed to purchase the service contract for $2600. Is this true?
No. They lied to you.

Standard Honda warranty on all new vehicles is 3yr/36,000mi, powertrain is covered to 5yr/60,000mi.

If you purchased the warranty please read the section of the contract on cancellation. You should have 60 days to cancel.

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
No. They lied to you.

Standard Honda warranty on all new vehicles is 3yr/36,000mi, powertrain is covered to 5yr/60,000mi.

If you purchased the warranty please read the section of the contract on cancellation. You should have 60 days to cancel.

Thank you! That is what I thought and he said the turbo and anything on the Type R that isn't on a regular Hatch is only covered for one year. I knew it didn't seem right. It is stock so that makes no sense that they wouldn't cover something that they built. I will look into it. Thanks so much.
Sponsored