Warranty 10/100,000 help

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
hey guys, I just need some help, I just purchase a 10yr /100,000 warranty from my dealership. I paid about $1,500 for it. Is this worth it? The company/package of the warranty is fidelity and I got the platinum package, but I have a 100$ deductible. What are your opinion on this?
Sponsored

Hansford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I get charged per month for this and I'm thinking about removing this since mine only covers 5 more years of the power train.

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
I get charged per month for this and I'm thinking about removing this since mine only covers 5 more years of the power train.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? Do you think it's not worth it? Cause I have till July 5 to cancel to get a full refund. Just a little concern if I should keep it or not.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT

Hansford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? Do you think it's not worth it? Cause I have till July 5 to cancel to get a full refund. Just a little concern if I should keep it or not.

I pay 40 extra a month and I decided to get the most basic package. If you opted for the platinum package though it might be worth it depending on what that covers. I know I got the basic that only covers what the 5 year covers which is drivetrain pretty much. I need to double check though.

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Expensive warranty. You should check out getting a HondaCare warranty instead http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/static/pdf/Honda_Care_New_PreOwnCoverage.pdf
Do you have the Honda warranty? If you do how many years/miles and how much does it cost? I was looking at the two and it seems like its the same I think , I'll post picture later of what it covers. But hey would you know if I would still get the 3/36,000 Honda care since I bought the car brand new then after that will it be the extended 10/100,000 fidelity warranty?

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
I pay 40 extra a month and I decided to get the most basic package. If you opted for the platinum package though it might be worth it depending on what that covers. I know I got the basic that only covers what the 5 year covers which is drivetrain pretty much. I need to double check though.
Is your extended warranty under fidelity to?
I never really understand but when we buy warranty is it a extend warranty after the Honda 3/36000?

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the Honda warranty? If you do how many years/miles and how much does it cost? I was looking at the two and it seems like its the same I think , I'll post picture later of what it covers. But hey would you know if I would still get the 3/36,000 Honda care since I bought the car brand new then after that will it be the extended 10/100,000 fidelity warranty?
Yes, purchased Honda Care 8yrs/100K miles warranty with the car. Paid $970. Car is covered for 3yrs/36K miles from new (standard Honda warranty for new vehicles). After that warranty is up, Honda Care takes over till 8yrs/100K miles. Deductible is $100 per incident.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Do not ever buy an extended warranty from a third party. Many of them go out of business before you ever make a claim. The only time you get one is from the factory preferably at dealer cost. The $1,500 you paid is quite expensive. Keep in mind that Honda warrants their powertrain for 5 years and 60,000 miles. Most expensive repairs are related to the powertrain (CVT, engine, turbo *if equipped). Another alternative is your insurance company. I have Geico and their extended warranty costs are reasonable and paid monthly. You are under no obligation to keep paying if you sell the car or decide you no longer need the warranty. If you can get your money back, please do so. You will not regret it!!!

OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes, purchased Honda Care 8yrs/100K miles warranty with the car. Paid $970. Car is covered for 3yrs/36K miles from new (standard Honda warranty for new vehicles). After that warranty is up, Honda Care takes over till 8yrs/100K miles. Deductible is $100 per incident.
Do not ever buy an extended warranty from a third party. Many of them go out of business before you ever make a claim. The only time you get one is from the factory preferably at dealer cost. The $1,500 you paid is quite expensive. Keep in mind that Honda warrants their powertrain for 5 years and 60,000 miles. Most expensive repairs are related to the powertrain (CVT, engine, turbo *if equipped). Another alternative is your insurance company. I have Geico and their extended warranty costs are reasonable and paid monthly. You are under no obligation to keep paying if you sell the car or decide you no longer need the warranty. If you can get your money back, please do so. You will not regret it!!!
I'm looking at the warranty right now and it says it covers the power train ( engine, transmission ,transaxle,transfer case, drive axle , steering, brakes,air conditioning, front suspension, electrical, cooling, fuel, rear suspension for the platinum coverage. Here's the website for it, it has things they don't cover, do I need to be worried about this?http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/products/vehicle-protection

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at the warranty right now and it says it covers the power train ( engine, transmission ,transaxle,transfer case, drive axle , steering, brakes,air conditioning, front suspension, electrical, cooling, fuel, rear suspension for the platinum coverage. Here's the website for it, it has things they don't cover, do I need to be worried about this?http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/products/vehicle-protection
I wouldn't get it. The dealer I got my car from offered something very similar but I declined & purchased Honda Care instead. Cheaper & backed by Honda. You never know if these 3rd-party warranty companies will suddenly go out of business, so I just went with a sure thing.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
For what it's worth, Route 66 has very good extended warranties. Trust me, they're worth it for my BMW and its high repair costs. Hondas? I've never purchased an ext. warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
I wouldn't get it. The dealer I got my car from offered something very similar but I declined & purchased Honda Care instead. Cheaper & backed by Honda. You never know if these 3rd-party warranty companies will suddenly go out of business, so I just went with a sure thing.
Alright, I'll talk to them tomorrow or when I have time and I'll ask about the Honda care. Thanks
Just hoping they don't try to pull something since I'm gonna cancel the extended warranty. Do you really think the Honda care/ extended warranty is worth it on a new car though?

For what it's worth, Route 66 has very good extended warranties. Trust me, they're worth it for my BMW and it's high repair costs. Hondas? I've never purchased an ext. warranty.
Why didn't you buy a ext. warranty for the Honda? do you think it's not worth it?.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright, I'll talk to them tomorrow or when I have time and I'll ask about the Honda care. Thanks
Just hoping they don't try to pull something since I'm gonna cancel the extended warranty. Do you really think the Honda care/ extended warranty is worth it on a new car though?
It's worth it for me, for peace of mind. Get a quote from these folks first http://www.curryhondacare.com/ & ask your dealer to match it. If they don't, walk away - you can buy Honda Care from any Honda dealer.

Reactions: ian
OP
OP

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
It's worth it for me, for peace of mind. Get a quote from these folks first http://www.curryhondacare.com/ & ask your dealer to match it. If they don't, walk away - you can buy Honda Care from any Honda dealer.
I did the quotes from curry Honda, and I tried calling the financial manager to cancel my warranty but he wasn't there and has yet to reply back to my emails... Lol since there is a couple more days till I can get my full refund... I'll probably go to another dealership and purchase the Honda care. Thanks for the advice
Sponsored