Warped touchscreen display on 2016 ex-t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 touring
Country flag
Hey friends, I've seen others having issues with their touchscreen, mine's been slightly different than what's posted. My screen started getting warped a few days ago.
I normally use Android Auto and have been doing so for the the last 5 months. The last 2 weeks I started using Apple Carplay (w/aftermarket cable) too. The last time the screen worked I used carplay, then shut the car off for several hours. When I got back to the car and started it the screen came up warped.

I attempted a reset by holding the power/audio button down but couldn't navigate the screen prompts accurately. I haven't tried pulling the fuse yet... I'm not so sure that it's a software glitch.

Has anyone else had their screen give out like this?
Or any insight if this means the hardware is completely broken?

Honda Civic 10th gen Warped touchscreen display on 2016 ex-t 2017.7.9 honda touchscreen glitch
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey friends, I've seen others having issues with their touchscreen, mine's been slightly different than what's posted. My screen started getting warped a few days ago.
I normally use Android Auto and have been doing so for the the last 5 months. The last 2 weeks I started using Apple Carplay (w/aftermarket cable) too. The last time the screen worked I used carplay, then shut the car off for several hours. When I got back to the car and started it the screen came up warped.

I attempted a reset by holding the power/audio button down but couldn't navigate the screen prompts accurately. I haven't tried pulling the fuse yet... I'm not so sure that it's a software glitch.

Has anyone else had their screen give out like this?
Or any insight if this means the hardware is completely broken?

2017.7.9 honda touchscreen glitch.jpg
Looks broken to me, but pulling the fuse is always worth a try.

MeliV

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex
Country flag
Did you find out what was wrong with it ? Currently having this issue
Sponsored