Warning when tinting Type R (or any 10th gen civic) - water will cause keyless entry system problem

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Hit this yesterday after getting the windows tinted on my 2019 CTR, as this was the post I got when I Googled it, figured I'd share. Only symptom was a flickering LCD in the dashboard and the keyless error after I shut the car off when I got home. I disconnected the battery and threw it on a trickle charger overnight, this morning I hooked it all back up and besides the normal reaction to the car being powered off, it came back fine.
Sponsored

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
My tint guy doesn't user laser cut - does everything by hand...I've had 2 Si and my CTR done by him (along with a Civic EX-L and Mazda 3 for the wife) and never had an issue.

Also...why would they need to remove the wing to tint the rear?? That should have zero to do with anything...

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So the solution would be to park it in Texas summer sun and it would be dried out completely in less time Domino's could deliver their crappy pizzas.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Also...why would they need to remove the wing to tint the rear?? That should have zero to do with anything...
They did not remove the wing on my CTR, they size the tint by laying it on the outside glass and trimming it, the wing gets in the way. Guy said it was more challenging to size it without doing that.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
They did not remove the wing on my CTR, they size the tint by laying it on the outside glass and trimming it, the wing gets in the way. Guy said it was more challenging to size it without doing that.
Ah, true...that may be cumbersome, but my guy didn't even mention doing that. I've never seen someone so 'exact' with a utility knife...and only $275 for the car (PA can't get windshields done - except for a 'sun strip' which I don't ever get).
Sponsored