First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
OK...here's the story.
1st off, I was on the fence about ordering these because of the issues I had read here in the forum, but I do prefer the look of the JDM/Euro clear lens versus the USDM amber reflector; Plus I figured it was doable knowing the socket modification required isn't permeant and can easily be converted 100% back to stock by getting a new sockets.

So...from my experience on all of this I some how ordered the HONDA PN# 33800; 33850-TEM-M01 R&L combo from an international dealer that said they would fit my USDM FK8 for $145.00 shipped.
Soon after they arrived I noticed the socket that came with the clear lens had 4 post on it versus the 2 post I had read about even though the clear lens appeared to be correct. From there I popped 1 of my USDM amber reflector's out and attempted to install 33850-TEM-M01...WRONG...it would not fit in the fender. It appeared to be close but even using force it would not go in indicating to me something was wrong. To make sure I wasn't crazy I popped my amber reflector in & out serval times no issues at all, then attempted the clear lens again NOPE...didn't work.
Luckily...when I approached my vendor about the problem they welcomed my return and gave me a full refund.

After that experience I was even more leery about ordering anything especially considering I noticed the price for them on JHPUSA had almost doubled. But...I rolled the dice again and boom! I got them...for cheap!

Here is the link to the ones I ordered and installed on my USDM FK8 / R-00057:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Clear-side-markers-Lights-Fit-All-civic-2016-2017-Type-R/162449210932?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Upon arrival I unboxed a PN# 34300-TET-H01 & a PN# 34350-TET-H01; which right away looked correct & only had the 2 post socket!! From there, I test fitted everything, found zero issues, made my EZ socket modification and completed the install!

And after it's all said & done PITA, YES...but I am happy with the finished product:

IMG_0543.PNG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG
What socket mod was needed?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What socket mod was needed?
This guys video DIY install is great. Not specific to the FK8 but close enough for someone to get the point. And at the 3:00 minute mark he shows exactly how to modify the socket.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Ok the ones that are $50 require a mod to bulb socket. The ones that are $150 are type R specific. I got the JDM type-R lenses and they fit perfect with no mod.
Never heard of Type R-specific side markers that didn’t require modification to the US bulb holder or splicing the Euro/JDM holder in. Got a link to some part numbers?

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
0JPGFY4lSO6xGuTOdIIcTQ.jpg

The ones I got from the ebay links are OEM but have this awful design where the glass comes out. I didn't notice that when purchasing. I want OEM clear ones badly but can't bring myself to install this knowing it won't be flush with the fender :(
Man, some of you are dramatic. Once they’re installed I guarantee you’ll never think about the raised portion again. It’s not even noticeable unless you squat down next to the markers.

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
I ordered the EDM/JDM side markers and, after reading people’s experience with them, I thought I’d have to modify them. I watched the video to prepare myself and it didn’t seem bad. But when the side markers came in, I inspected them and I’m pretty sure it’s plug and play. I haven’t removed mine yet but I’ll confirm it when I do it tonight or tomorrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Warning* The clear side markers for the regular Civic don't fit the Type R FD74AA8E-6B1B-4DEA-A802-B59A912CED4B
Above is a screenshot of JDM lens from the video someone posted. Note only two slots for the socket to twist in.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Warning* The clear side markers for the regular Civic don't fit the Type R 0961CA3A-2874-40FE-B70F-34989C37E83C
The ones I received above have 4 slots. Like I said, I haven’t removed mine yet, but I’m pretty sure the USDM socket should twist right into that.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Warning* The clear side markers for the regular Civic don't fit the Type R 17AD590E-181E-47FA-864A-34F6F43FA351
This is the EDM/JDM socket, which I’m hearing will not work with the US harness. I’ll double check that as well when I install.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Interesting! Do you have a different part number than what’s been posted here for those? If not, I wonder if Honda quietly redesigned them to be uniform across all markets.

rev210k

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Ralley red Type R, 05 S2000, 97 civic sedan
OK...here's the story.
1st off, I was on the fence about ordering these because of the issues I had read here in the forum, but I do prefer the look of the JDM/Euro clear lens versus the USDM amber reflector; Plus I figured it was doable knowing the socket modification required isn't permeant and can easily be converted 100% back to stock by getting a new sockets.

So...from my experience on all of this I some how ordered the HONDA PN# 33800; 33850-TEM-M01 R&L combo from an international dealer that said they would fit my USDM FK8 for $145.00 shipped.
Soon after they arrived I noticed the socket that came with the clear lens had 4 post on it versus the 2 post I had read about even though the clear lens appeared to be correct. From there I popped 1 of my USDM amber reflector's out and attempted to install 33850-TEM-M01...WRONG...it would not fit in the fender. It appeared to be close but even using force it would not go in indicating to me something was wrong. To make sure I wasn't crazy I popped my amber reflector in & out serval times no issues at all, then attempted the clear lens again NOPE...didn't work.
Luckily...when I approached my vendor about the problem they welcomed my return and gave me a full refund.

After that experience I was even more leery about ordering anything especially considering I noticed the price for them on JHPUSA had almost doubled. But...I rolled the dice again and boom! I got them...for cheap!

Here is the link to the ones I ordered and installed on my USDM FK8 / R-00057:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Clear-side-markers-Lights-Fit-All-civic-2016-2017-Type-R/162449210932?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Upon arrival I unboxed a PN# 34300-TET-H01 & a PN# 34350-TET-H01; which right away looked correct & only had the 2 post socket!! From there, I test fitted everything, found zero issues, made my EZ socket modification and completed the install!

And after it's all said & done PITA, YES...but I am happy with the finished product:

IMG_0543.PNG

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG
These are the same ones I used. Bought new sockets from Honda did the modification on the sockets and put them right in work perfect. you cant see the bump on it unless you get up close to it. I personally don't mind it.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Interesting! Do you have a different part number than what’s been posted here for those? If not, I wonder if Honda quietly redesigned them to be uniform across all markets.
It’s the 33800/33850-tem-m01..just installed. Easy. No trimming/grinding. I’ll post a little write up.

Siblue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Civic 18 Type R
Country flag
The TEM part number was plug and play for me.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
If anyone is looking to get these be aware that you’ll need to slide the side marker in first and then plug the cables together. It’s a bit tricky since there should only so much space but it’s doable.

Eagle_f90

Where are you getting the TEM part numbers from? Can you get them at your local Honda dealer?