Warning lights randomly came on while driving after custom tune.

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
So I had a w1 turbo installed back on the 2nd along with a custom tune from hondata at kinetic automative here in the Baltimore area I don't have the hondata tuner since they said they were a licensed tuner for Hondata and just bought a license to tune the car in shop. I didn't think much of it at the time I figured it was so I couldn't copy their tune or something. But anyway after that everything was fine with the car until the other night I decided to go to the gas station and get some food and cruise around a bit. I came out of my neighborhood and turned onto the main road and gave it a good amount of gas got up to about 5k rpm then let off and then about 3 seconds later all of the warning lights came on the dash so I slowed down and pulled into an empty parking lot incase something went wrong but the car felt fine no weird noises or anything so I continued to the gas station and came back home and all of the lights were still on. I'm not sure if I should be consirned or not or how I can get the warnings to go away. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Not sure about Hondata but I know on kTuner, after a fresh tune you usually get a bunch of warning lights. This goes a way after a bit of driving as all the sensors resync with the ECU.

Doubt this may be your issue though since you've probably been driving for some time given you got the tune on the 2nd. Might be worth a visit back to the tuner to see if they pick up any error codes.

OP
OP

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure about Hondata but I know on kTuner, after a fresh tune you usually get a bunch of warning lights. This goes a way after a bit of driving as all the sensors resync with the ECU.
AR
Doubt this may be your issue though since you've probably been driving for some time given you got the tune on the 2nd. Might be worth a visit back to the tuner to see if they pick up any error codes.
Yeah I already went through the resync process when I picked up the car. But yeah I might take it back to the shop and see if they can find anything unless someone else chimes in with another idea.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ooof. Kinetic already has a pretty bad record. Should see all the previous lawsuits filed against the owner and tuner there.

In the mean time, hook up a scan tool and pull up the codes.

OP
OP

techguy124

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ooof. Kinetic already has a pretty bad record. Should see all the previous lawsuits filed against the owner and tuner there.

In the mean time, hook up a scan tool and pull up the codes.
I took it back to them once it happened and they scanned it and got a boost code they did a once over on it to see if anything was wrong without tearing everything apart but everything looked fine. They cleared the codes and said if it happens again bring it back and they will dive into it deeper to find the issue. Since then I've been trying to replicate the issue to try and get the codes to come back but it's been driving fine since but I do plan on getting a ktuner and making the trip up to Pennsylvania to see Rob and get a better tune

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took it back to them once it happened and they scanned it and got a boost code they did a once over on it to see if anything was wrong without tearing everything apart but everything looked fine. They cleared the codes and said if it happens again bring it back and they will dive into it deeper to find the issue. Since then I've been trying to replicate the issue to try and get the codes to come back but it's been driving fine since but I do plan on getting a ktuner and making the trip up to Pennsylvania to see Rob and get a better tune
What was the specific code?