Warning lights!!!!Help!!!!! Almost crashed tonight due to system failure

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
UPDATE
The car is still not ready
I was just told its an 8 jour job
Wow
Anyway now he called it a harness...
After he said : yes all wires of the motor compartment.
I dont know what that means...
I still cant believe it...on a brand new car... eurgh fml!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I wonder if theres a link with my flappy exhaust sound ...like something is misfiring...like its about to stall...I dont know, well see.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE #2
My car is ready.
I got confirmation that a wire of the harness was ''cleanly'' cut.
Verbal confirmation. They didnt write that on the work sheet of course.
It wasnt defective, it was cut.
Rodent? Absolutely not.
I asked if someone wanted to mess with my car could they have access to these wires?
He said no, impossible unless you open the hood or remove the protective plate under the car.
Then who messed with the car a couple of days ago to change my front bumper and fog lights because a Honda tech had crash my car into a brick wall at the back of the dealer??
Hmmm.
I wonder who it could be?
We all know the answer.
Now I have to check tomorrow if there are new damages to the car.
Voila!

ALL WARNING LIGHTS ON
VOITURE, ABS, TRACTION CONTROL, ETC

CAUSE: PERFORMED HEALTH CHECK WITH HDS

U0131, U0126-00, U0416-68, B1142

CLEARED ALL DTC.

TURN THE VEHICLE ON AND DTC U0131, U0126-00, U0416-68 CAME BACK

CORRECTION: PERFORMED TROUBLESHOOTING.

CHECK ALL THE CONNECTOR AND PINS ON PCM, ABS, EPS

NEED TO BE REPLACED ENGINE HARNESS

REPLACED ENGINE ROOM HARNESS

CLEARED ALL DTCS

PERFORMED ECM SOFTWARE UPDATE ON VSA/ABS AND TCM

ROAD TESTED AND ALL SYSTEMS OK.

PIECES-----QTE---PD-NUMERO---------------DESCRIPTION---------PRIX LISTE-PRIX UNITE-

1 32200-TBA-C90 FAISCEAU CABINE GARANTIE

TOTAL - PCES 0.00

E.H.G. & MATERIEL------------------------------------------------------------------

2.0 INFORMATIQUE H.D.S. @ /UNIT GARANTIE

Last edited:

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
UPDATE
The car is still not ready
I was just told its an 8 jour job
Wow
Anyway now he called it a harness...
After he said : yes all wires of the motor compartment.
I dont know what that means...
I still cant believe it...on a brand new car... eurgh fml!
The silver lining - its covered under the warranty. :)

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bullshit. That they crashed you're EX-T.. unfortunate for you. Hopefully 2017 brings better luck.
Lol I know what bs means.
What do u consider bs?? The fact that they crashed my car?? You think they didnt crash it?
No I think the bullshit is when they say they are not responsible for a ''cleanly'' cut wire after having changed my bumper and fog lights. That is bs for sure. Who else could have cut that wire? A rodent with sharp scissors and surgical precision ? :)

Anyways, fingers crossed. Bring on 2017 ! I just want to enjoy my car.

Btw since the car is so problematic im thinking of getting the extended warranty.
I dont know if thats possible now though...I mean if I remember correctly I think I was told I had to take it at signing, before the car left the dealer. I dont know if I can purchase one at 1400km...well see.

Last edited:

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol I know what bs means.
What do u consider bs?? The fact that they crashed my car?? You think they didnt crash it?
No I think the bullshit is when they say they are not responsible for a ''cleanly'' cut wire after having changed my bumper and fog lights. That is bs for sure. Who else could have cut that wire? A rodent with sharp scissors and surgical precision ? :)

Anyways, fingers crossed. Bring on 2017 ! I just want to enjoy my car.
The silver lining - its covered under the warranty. :)
Mine was a harness too. A little 22.00 part. When this is fixed, your car will be perfect again. This is just a minor inconvenience - in the big picture. In 2 days this will be history. But I agree with Northern, unless you are committed to this dealer, or don't have anyone else you can go to for maintenance, it might be a good idea to go elsewhere moving forward. On a side note...seriously LOL at rodent with sharp scissors and surgical precision. :rofl:

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine was a harness too. A little 22.00 part. When this is fixed, your car will be perfect again. This is just a minor inconvenience - in the big picture. In 2 days this will be history. But I agree with Northern, unless you are committed to this dealer, or don't have anyone else you can go to for maintenance, it might be a good idea to go elsewhere moving forward. On a side note...seriously LOL at rodent with sharp scissors and surgical precision. :rofl:
No Im not committed to the dealer in question. No way. Ill be going somewhere else from now on thats for sure. I just need to figure how to remove their nasty sticker at the back of the car. But before that, I need to get in contact with Honda Canada. I dont know how else to say it but... I wanna make them pay. First they crash my car, then they cut a wire... I think im entitled to some sort of compensation.

Then I need to hide the scissors At home.

Last edited:

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since the car has been very problematic since Ive had it...and since I leased it for 5 years...im thinking of getting the extended warranty. I dont know if its possible now

No Im not committed to the dealer in question. No way. Ill be going somewhere else from now on thats for sure. I just need to figure how to remove their nasty sticker at the back of the car. But before that, I need to get in contact with Honda Canada. I dont know how else to say it but... I wanna make them pay. First they crash my car, then they cut a wire... I think im entitled to some sort of compensation.
Agreed. Good luck.

McLovin110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Random question but do you happen to have HIDs installed on the car? Reason why I ask is because I could always replicate this issue when the auto headlight feature would ignite my HIDs and then my car would go into this frenzy and shut off completely. I've fixed it since then.
I have a similar issue. How did you fix it? please help!!
Sponsored