Warning lights!!!!Help!!!!! Almost crashed tonight due to system failure

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
What happened to the rest of the thread where the guy went crazy on you? Did admin delete it? He was crazy.
I guess so. Even though it was deleted by the moderator people should know about him : his name is Newflyer3.
The guy has a problem.
Its not the first time hes done it. Some people already complained about his attitude. Im not the first one. Hes done it to other people. I dont know how hes still allowed on this forum because he never writes anything nice or helpful.
Its so sad. I suspect some mental health issues.
Anyways. Back to our conversation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
If you don't mind. Where was the issue? Which harness. Where is it located?
The harness
UPDATE

The dealer called
They said a wire under the car was cut....
That is so weird...
Rodents?? I dont know.
The tech said the wire was cleanly cut not chewed on or anything
I dont understand...
This is pretty close to the rodent issue we were just discussing...
First good news since I have that freakin' car : its covered by the warranty.
They will never admit to that but im pretty sure that THEY damage that wire when they changed my front bumper and fog lights...
I will still be on the lookout for nasty rodents though
Who knows
2 possiblities I think
Awesome for you! I am s glad it was covered! You are probably right that they did it, because if it was a clean cut...seriously, who crawls under a car to do that? Jason Statham, maybe but not in this case.

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
True. I'm sure if you make a complaint I think you shouldn't have to. Knowing this going into dealer might've gave you a shot but since it's fixed and paid for now who knows. Did you pay for it already? If not make a stink. I wouldn't pay for it.
Looks like I started to respond earlier today but didn't finish...the work receipt just calls it a harness. 22.00....but costs about 130.00 in labor. Whatever it was, when it was chewed, it took away my power steering. And about the bunny and the warranty....not covered. They were very nice when they said...bunnies aren't covered under the warranty. I guess I think of it as vandalism....today I had to go back to work..parked in the bunny parking lot and swore I would get a shot gun if I saw a single bunny near my car....then I thought it would be best if I just called Elmer Fudd to stand guard. No incidents today.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
The harness

Awesome for you! I am s glad it was covered! You are probably right that they did it, because if it was a clean cut...seriously, who crawls under a car to do that? Jason Statham, maybe but not in this case.
Hahah exactly! I also a a very weird neighbor...lol
In any case my dealer said it wasnt accessible because of the protective plate under the car.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like I started to respond earlier today but didn't finish...the work receipt just calls it a harness. 22.00....but costs about 130.00 in labor. Whatever it was, when it was chewed, it took away my power steering. And about the bunny and the warranty....not covered. They were very nice when they said...bunnies aren't covered under the warranty. I guess I think of it as vandalism....today I had to go back to work..parked in the bunny parking lot and swore I would get a shot gun if I saw a single bunny near my car....then I thought it would be best if I just called Elmer Fudd to stand guard. No incidents today.
Lol shoot that thing!
No bunny where I live only cats and squirrels.
Cats are somewhat civilized. My bet would be on a squirrel or a Honda tech, they are the worst and the nastiest :)

Cant wait for tomorrow when I ask to see the supposedly clean cut wire!!
Cant wait for the response when I ask for it.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My opinion is that it should be covered. Heres how i see it.

Bunnies are not the problem. The car is. Its a design flaw if its that easily accessible for rodents. A bunny or any other rodent are only part of the chain of events. They are not the cause of the problem. The car is. For that reason it should be covered. Its not the bunnies that are covered, its the car. The car has a design flaw making it particularly prone to rodent invasion :) then it should be covered. Its like having a roof thats leaks. The rain is not the problem. The roof is. Rain is not covered by the warranty, the roof is.

But then again the burden of proof is on you...

Last edited:

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you guys take a picture of this part of the car because now I wanna take a look at mine you guys have me scared lol

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I want to know something. With this electric steering, in which case I never had a car with it until now, do you have any control when no electric (say a dead battery or a fuse blows or something) can you still steer the car? I dont know if you still have a gearbox. I would like to know so I have a clue what to do when something does happen.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I want to know something. With this electric steering, in which case I never had a car with it until now, do you have any control when no electric (say a dead battery or a fuse blows or something) can you still steer the car? I dont know if you still have a gearbox. I would like to know so I have a clue what to do when something does happen.
Thanks in advance.
In my case I still had the gearbox working but no electric steering.
Without the electric steering, the steering wheel becomes very ''stiff''
you have to put a lot of force into each turn.
I had a hard time just backing out of my parking space.
So yes some sort of control but i wouldnt drive with it. All i did was backing out of my parking to get the car towed. I wouldnt go on the highway with it thats for sure.

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yep.. Newflyer seems to be gone. :banned: He was our 5th top poster.. Now I'm 5th :p

:nixon:

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep.. Newflyer seems to be gone. He was our 5th top poster.. Now I'm 5th :p
Thats great news!
Half of his posts were total garbage anyways.
Bye Bye Newflyer3.
Congratulations NorthernEX-T! Our new 5th poster!

Last edited:

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks in advance.
I was the same...with no power steering, you have very limited ability to maneuver the car. Would definitely not...under any circumstances, attempt to get someplace by driving a car that doesn't have power steering (when it should).

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My opinion is that it should be covered. Heres how i see it.

Bunnies are not the problem. The car is. Its a design flaw if its that easily accessible for rodents. A bunny or any other rodent are only part of the chain of events. They are not the cause of the problem. The car is. For that reason it should be covered. Its not the bunnies that are covered, its the car. The car has a design flaw making it particularly prone to rodent invasion :) then it should be covered. Its like having a roof thats leaks. The rain is not the problem. The roof is. Rain is not covered by the warranty, the roof is.

But then again the burden of proof is on you...
While I agree Honda should not be using materials that are yummy to deviants, it is what it is...and I would not be able to argue otherwise in terms of warranty coverage. And...while this happened to me and I own a Honda....and they do use a soy product, there are tons of other people driving other vehicle types that have had similar issues. Unfortunately, these rodents can be destructive, and warranties simply do not cover the damage.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While I agree Honda should not be using materials that are yummy to deviants, it is what it is...and I would not be able to argue otherwise in terms of warranty coverage. And...while this happened to me and I own a Honda....and they do use a soy product, there are tons of other people driving other vehicle types that have had similar issues. Unfortunately, these rodents can be destructive, and warranties simply do not cover the damage.
Saying that a lot of people are having the same issue would not constitute an defense argument for Honda or any other car maker. However, like I said, the burden of proof (of the said flaw being responsible for the damage) is on the consumer. Therefore youre absolutely right, arguing that Honda is responsible is almost impossible. Consumers always get screwed. Thats the world we live in.
Sponsored

Last edited: