Warning lights!!!!Help!!!!! Almost crashed tonight due to system failure

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Hey Everyone,
Please Help. I dont know what to do. I almost crashed tonight when my Honda Civic EX-T 2016 went ballistic on me. I was driving and suddenly the car went off!!!!!!!!!!! The power steering went off. The became super super hard to press and a couple of lights in the dash started flashing. Luckily I was close to home and got there safely. The car is undrivable now. Anyone ever experience this. I hope not because this is very dangerous!!! Help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if something like a harness came loose. I was working on my car once and disconnected the wires to the switches for the Honda Sensing stuff, and when I turned the car on, it gave me error messages for those features similar to what's popping up on your screen (like CMBS, LKAS, etc)

You may also find this thread helpful:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/multi-warning-lights-came-on.7200/#post-133101

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I wonder if something like a harness came loose. I was working on my car once and disconnected the wires to the switches for the Honda Sensing stuff, and when I turned the car on, it gave me error messages for those features similar to what's popping up on your screen (like CMBS, LKAS, etc)

Omg I have the exact same problem!!! Plus the exhaust.
Eery.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
See if either of your battery terminals are loose.
Ok ill check.
I have to figure out the problem if I want to be able to drive to the dealer. The damn car is undrivable now.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If your battery terminals are loose, the car will do exactly what you said.
I understand but can I tighten the terminal myself...not sure about that...because it doesnt seem to work

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And Im just wondering here....
They changed the bumper and reinstalled the fog lights on the car a couple of days ago (yeah I know dont ask)...do they need to unplug or mess with the battery to do that?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
...Yes.

Any time you add/remove/replace electrical components you should disconnect the battery.
And while not critical, disconnecting the battery when you take off your front bumper skin is good practice because the Airbag sensors are behind the actual bumper.

Did you actually go out and confirm that both positive and negative terminals of the battery were securely fastened?

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
Hey Everyone,
Please Help. I dont know what to do. I almost crashed tonight when my Honda Civic EX-T 2016 went ballistic on me. I was driving and suddenly the car went off!!!!!!!!!!! The power steering went off. The became super super hard to press and a couple of lights in the dash started flashing. Luckily I was close to home and got there safely. The car is undrivable now. Anyone ever experience this. I hope not because this is very dangerous!!! Help.
I had a similar issue about a month ago, some rodent chewed some wires on the ECU harness and it finally became loose. I lost power steering hill assist brake assist airbags. I was able to go to a safe place as the car was still running fine.

Since the dealer store the new car where they had some rodent issues they fixed it for free because I only had 7000 KM on the car. You might have to claim it on your insurance.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
...Yes.

Any time you add/remove/replace electrical components you should disconnect the battery.
And while not critical, disconnecting the battery when you take off your front bumper skin is good practice because the Airbag sensors are behind the actual bumper.

Did you actually go out and confirm that both positive and negative terminals of the battery were securely fastened?
Yes they are. Honda tech says its not the battery...

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had a similar issue about a month ago, some rodent chewed some wires on the ECU harness and it finally became loose. I lost power steering hill assist brake assist airbags. I was able to go to a safe place as the car was still running fine.

Since the dealer store the new car where they had some rodent issues they fixed it for free because I only had 7000 KM on the car. You might have to claim it on your insurance.
The dealer admitted to have some rodent issues????
Even if thats the case my dealer will never admit to that...its a lost cause
Im quite surprised your dealer admitted that.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Have you already done the VSA MODULE software update ... Its was a recall

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
The dealer admitted to have some rodent issues????
Even if thats the case my dealer will never admit to that...its a lost cause
Im quite surprised your dealer admitted that.
They are a decent dealer tbh, they could have hid the fact that they had issues and charge me for that job and I would have to claim to my insurance like many others here on this forum :/
Sponsored