Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys,

very new here first thread actually. Ever. BUT ok last night going crazy with the homies at about 110mph I believe my car misfired. out of nowhere all my warning lights came on. No check engine lights though. Just TPS, ABS, BRAKE SYSTEM, ETC. I have hondata tune to 2017 + 6psi. I reflashed back to stock thinking that would clear it. It didn’t. i let it sit over night, nothing. And I just got back from autozone to use there OBDI. No codes came up? But I’m thinking that’s cause it’s not engine related? I feel like this is software related? I feel like I just scared my car? But how do I fix this? I’ll be heading to a friends house later today to use his PC for my hondata. I’ll check to see if any codes pop up on there. But please let me know what you guys think. Also if I fix I will keep updated.

P.S - hondata is great. Never had a problem. It’s been in for some months now.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
There was a similar post to this the other day. You just need to drive it for a bit and it will disappear. The system is still adjusting to its new settings.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yup. I would try driving it for a decent amount of time and it'll probably clear up. Especially since you said the car isnt actually throwing any codes.

OP
OP
DADED

DADED

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
There was a similar post to this the other day. You just need to drive it for a bit and it will disappear. The system is still adjusting to its new settings.
Yup. I would try driving it for a decent amount of time and it'll probably clear up. Especially since you said the car isnt actually throwing any codes.
I meannnn I’ve been driving in total maybe 1-2hrs since last night when it happened. Cause I drove home with them all on then this morning to autozone. Then just now to my homies place to use his PC. Also UPDATE: I flashed back to the tune and still nothing. Reflashed back to stock AGAIN and still nothing. Sooo I’m thinking about leaving it stock for now. And having the dealership handle it. Should still be under warranty. I also read somewhere it could be a malfunction speed input sensor or whatever its called lol sorry very new to things under the hood. Also thank you guys for the responses!!

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I meannnn I’ve been driving in total maybe 1-2hrs since last night when it happened. Cause I drove home with them all on then this morning to autozone. Then just now to my homies place to use his PC. Also UPDATE: I flashed back to the tune and still nothing. Reflashed back to stock AGAIN and still nothing. Sooo I’m thinking about leaving it stock for now. And having the dealership handle it. Should still be under warranty. I also read somewhere it could be a malfunction speed input sensor or whatever its called lol sorry very new to things under the hood. Also thank you guys for the responses!!
If driving is really not working, the last thing I would try is just disconnecting the battery altogether and reconnecting it after letting it sit for a couple minutes, might give the reset the car needs to get back to normal. If that doesn't do anything either, then yeah take it to the dealer and see what they. Good luck,

OP
OP
DADED

DADED

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
If driving is really not working, the last thing I would try is just disconnecting the battery altogether and reconnecting it after letting it sit for a couple minutes, might give the reset the car needs to get back to normal. If that doesn't do anything either, then yeah take it to the dealer and see what they. Good luck,
yeaaa I was thinking the same thing. Cause I mean ultimately the car is completely fine. It drives normal as hell so it should only be software related not mechanical. A friend just hit me up and said it could be my wheel speed sensor as well so yea maybe something did get knocked loose. We were driving pretty hard lol. Anyways thanks a lot. Will keep updating

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Mine did this, out of the blue, after sitting with the engine off but radio on for about an hour at lunch today. Fired it up and all the warnings came up too. Shut her down for a minute, fired it up, still on. Car drives fine but without auto brake hold and can't put it in sport mode. After sitting for several hours at work still has all the warnings. I'm tuned but I haven't changed anything in a long time. I'll let it go for a bit and see what happens.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Mine did this, out of the blue, after sitting with the engine off but radio on for about an hour at lunch today. Fired it up and all the warnings came up too. Shut her down for a minute, fired it up, still on. Car drives fine but without auto brake hold and can't put it in sport mode. After sitting for several hours at work still has all the warnings. I'm tuned but I haven't changed anything in a long time. I'll let it go for a bit and see what happens.
Id check your battery, once they start going bad these cars will run haywire electrical wise but will drive just fine

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Welp, got in to go to work this morning and all the lights were still doing it. Left work about 2 hours later and they are gone.

Loss of some battery power makes a lot of sense, since I was sitting with the radio on for a while and I do that a lot...

On a similar note, I had a top of the line Chrysler town and country that one day started freaking out when I started it up. Door locks flicking around like crazy warning lights going goofy, radio being stupid, all that junk. Turned out that was a battery dying as well...

Thanks to y'all for having a similar issue and reporting your results!
Sponsored