burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone ran into this issue when all your warning lights popped up ?

Two years ago I installed some BC coilovers, all the warning lights popped up and after some highway driving it went away. From time to time it would pop up and go away. I read on here sometimes the battery is going on and the warning lights pop up. Eventually my battery went out I replaced it and never saw the lights pop back up. Sold the coilovers and bought fortune auto coilovers now. Two weeks ago I installed and the lights came back again this time it still has not went away. I disconnected positive, negative, both overnight, I removed the ecu fuse in the engine bay nothing worked. Honda wanted to charge 150.00 to scan the car. (NOT HAPPENING) I had a friends friend thatā€™s a Honda tech run a scan and he said he didnā€™t find anything (there no check engine light either. Just PS is out, brake hold, traction control etc. My e brake still works thatā€™s how I know it canā€™t be nothing major or else that wouldnā€™t have worked from what I heard and read on here. Anything you guys suggest that I can do ? My last option is maybe buying the tein canceller kit from twostep to see if it clears this. I had the wires for the dampening ziptied and electrical tapped the connectors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Warning Lights After Coilover Install 7F8364F0-050E-447F-B343-04DA8C6E6496

Honda Civic 10th gen Warning Lights After Coilover Install 465AE84C-7E3A-4085-8E6A-040A4E0F965F

Honda Civic 10th gen Warning Lights After Coilover Install 4E0BA3DF-F67C-46D1-BA92-C7A6450E92D7

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would think that the ADS system wouldā€™ve been freaking as soon as you disconnected the stock struts/shocks; it wouldnā€™t have been intermittent, like youā€™re describing. Maybe see if you can find a used canceller kit Thatā€™s less-expensive, but I just donā€™t thatā€™s solve your issue. TMK, ADS issues affect the ā€˜sportā€™ button functions, and thatā€™s it. Any issues with throttle response?

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would think that the ADS system wouldā€™ve been freaking as soon as you disconnected the stock struts/shocks; it wouldnā€™t have been intermittent, like youā€™re describing. Maybe see if you can find a used canceller kit Thatā€™s less-expensive, but I just donā€™t thatā€™s solve your issue. TMK, ADS issues affect the ā€˜sportā€™ button functions, and thatā€™s it. Any issues with throttle response?
Right, thatā€™s the normal light thatā€™s on the ā€œiā€ indicator. But sports more and everything else is functional. I just have all these warning issues. The car drives like it always has! No issues with throttle response, my e brake works as well. So right now I have no powder steering, no brake hold, no traction control which is annoying me because my wheels spin especially in the rain lol. Iā€™m just lost. I would hate to spend the money on this canceller and nothing is fixed. Because you can still use sport mode with aftermarket suspension.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
My best guess, and this is definitely a guess, is that somehow you got lucky the first time doing coilovers without error cancellers. But now this most recent time with doing the new coilovers, whatever fiddling with the electrical connections you did, the car's not happy about.

P.S. It'd be good to invest in an OBD scanner or scanner app that can read chassis codes in addition to engine codes.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My best guess, and this is definitely a guess, is that somehow you got lucky the first time doing coilovers without error cancellers. But now this most recent time with doing the new coilovers, whatever fiddling with the electrical connections you did, the car's not happy about.

P.S. It'd be good to invest in an OBD scanner or scanner app that can read chassis codes in addition to engine codes.
I had my hands on a snap on scanner but needed a 1200.00 update for my year ?.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
You can get an OBD scanner with chassis codes for under $150. On the low end, the Autel AL629 is a hair over $80 and does most everything a DIYer would need.

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-AL629-Autolink-Service-Tool/dp/B073RDY1PX

There are plenty of other options in this $80-150 price range. There are also a ton of bluetooth and wifi OBD adapters. Just look for OBD2 with all 10 modes, ABS, and manufacturer-specific codes. That'll get you what you need.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You can get an OBD scanner with chassis codes for under $150. On the low end, the Autel AL629 is a hair over $80 and does most everything a DIYer would need.

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-AL629-Autolink-Service-Tool/dp/B073RDY1PX

There are plenty of other options in this $80-150 price range. There are also a ton of bluetooth and wifi OBD adapters. Just look for OBD2 with all 10 modes, ABS, and manufacturer-specific codes. That'll get you what you need.
Thanks man Iā€™ll look into that!

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I took my car to the dealership yesterday. And thanks to a friend that got his transfer back to his old Honda dealership and checked out the car. He said the passenger side axel was leaking grease. Which I told him itā€™s probably from when my axel popped out during the install of the coilover. He said thereā€™s a speed sensor in that area of the axel thatā€™s not giving any information back to his scanner so most likely itā€™s damaged, or thereā€™s grease on it obstructing it. Thatā€™s why I have all the warning lights on! Also while checking it he said my ac clutch line is damaged and condenser is failing. Thatā€™s probably why I donā€™t have any cold air while the fan is on high but I have cold air when the fan is low. Super weird. My buddy put the car in for warranty free of charge and my car is slammed lol. I threw him some cash and heā€™s gonna do the repairs this Saturday with all new parts!

Honda Civic 10th gen Warning Lights After Coilover Install 629E0C89-13C4-4240-9D8E-367E13EA6DA0
Sponsored

Last edited: