Warning for the people who have the Miltek exhaust.....

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
Because of the build of the rear Miltek silencer water can't get out and after 1 year there could be some gallons of water in it , I know someone who removed the Miltek after 1 year and there was 20 liter (4 gallons) stuck in it , I only drove 40 miles with mine , drilled a little hole in it (2mm) and there was already around 50cc of water poring out....

Honda Civic 10th gen Warning for the people who have the Miltek exhaust..... miltek (Middel)
Sponsored

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
It’s not limited to Milltek. When have you ever seen a drain hole or petcock in a muffler?

Their chamber is just a lot bigger than most.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Because of the build of the rear Miltek silencer water can't get out and after 1 year there could be some gallons of water in it , I know someone who removed the Miltek after 1 year and there was 20 liter (4 gallons) stuck in it , I only drove 40 miles with mine , drilled a little hole in it (2mm) and there was already around 50cc of water poring out....

miltek (Middel).jpeg
Where you drilled the hole?

OP
OP
dixie1

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
At the lowest point in the middle of the rear muffler...just a 2mm hole will do....

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello everyone

I spoke to Milltek about this as this exhaust has life warranty and most folks want to retain it. Milltek said that they didn’t experience water retention during testing. However they mentioned that water can go in through the muffler from washing the car. Attached is their response.
Honda Civic 10th gen Warning for the people who have the Miltek exhaust..... F057BD68-27A2-422F-9A68-A7BC7EE6D85C

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I want to add my personal experience on 45,000 miles of driving with the exhaust. I have removed the exhaust twice. The most water qty non measured just guessing was about a gallon.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hello everyone

I spoke to Milltek about this as this exhaust has life warranty and most folks want to retain it. Milltek said that they didn’t experience water retention during testing. However they mentioned that water can go in through the muffler from washing the car. Attached is their response.
F057BD68-27A2-422F-9A68-A7BC7EE6D85C.jpeg
If you're interested in retaining warranty, I'd get it in writing that drilling that hole won't void the warranty. Specifically get them to make that statement in writing. Better yet, get them to amend the warranty statement.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you're interested in retaining warranty, I'd get it in writing that drilling that hole won't void the warranty. Specifically get them to make that statement in writing. Better yet, get them to amend the warranty statement.
I thought about it. Lets see what they say.
Honda Civic 10th gen Warning for the people who have the Miltek exhaust..... C21E563D-85E1-4661-9478-9C1D7E4A2ADB

their reply.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

C21E563D-85E1-4661-9478-9C1D7E4A2ADB.jpeg

their reply.
? It looks like it's a person by person process though, so if anyone else plans to do this, contact Milltek first ;) Awesome to see they'll still support the product with this modification.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
? It looks like it's a person by person process though, so if anyone else plans to do this, contact Milltek first ;) Awesome to see they'll still support the product with this modification.
They are very responsive. I already got my muffler replaced due to a weld defect causing turbulence sound.
Sponsored