First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 &2006 Lotus Elise
Country flag
My recent ordeal with Vivid Racing (Gilbert AZ) **Warning**

I ordered a PRL 600 turbo from them back in June of 2021. (Paid in full and was part of the 1st batch) I was given an delivery date of September 2021, then it was pushed to October, then November, then December, and finally in January this year, (2022) I was told another 3 to 4 weeks. (So now February 2022 blaming PRL on not being able to get them) I contacted PRL to see what was up with their turbos. PRL told me, that they have delivered all turbos on order with Vivid Racing and PRL owes them nothing. I have tried to cancel my order with Vivid; only to not get a response and I have made dozens of calls and emails to them to get my money back. ($2850) I filed a complaint with the BBB in Gilbert AZ. (which btw they have hundreds of complaints against them) **DO NOT BUY FROM VIVID RACING*** They are cheating people out of their money and lying back when they will get your product. Also don't be surprised if they want to try and keep 25% "re-stocking" fee for an item that is not listed as a special order item and that they don't actually have in stock.

Do not do business with this company, buyer beware!!!

AS a Side note, MAPerformance had turbos in stock and I purchased from them and had the turbo in 48 hours. PRL told me to check with MAPerformance, which I did and was able to get it from them. (I am not affiliated in any way with MAPerformance)

Anyone else having issues with Vivid Racing, feel free to add you experience.
Sponsored

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Vivid Racing has always been a scum bag company. I bought some wheels through them years ago and they sent me the wrong ones. Tried to blame me for ordering the wrong size hence a restock fee.

Told them to pound sand and had my cc company dispute my charge.

OP
OP
Benb870

Benb870

CTR 23172 Midnight Express
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 &2006 Lotus Elise
Country flag
Moderator: Why is this company still a sponsored vendor on this forum if this is the norm for Vivid Racing?

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
I also had problems with this company in the past that ended up wasting hours of my time.

I placed an order for a set of Titan wheels, but they didn't arrive as promised. Whenever I reached out to customer support, they would reply to me with a new date or have a new excuse. This kept on going for about 3 months. I got tired of wasting time and being lied to.

I asked for a refund. They said no problem, but unfortunately the refund never came. I kept asking, they kept promising, but I never received my refund.

In the end I had to open a case with PayPal and finally received my refund right before PayPal's deadline of 180 days. This whole process was such a waste of time. I would never buy anything from this company again.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Vivid Racing has always been a scum bag company. I bought some wheels through them years ago and they sent me the wrong ones. Tried to blame me for ordering the wrong size hence a restock fee.

Told them to pound sand and had my cc company dispute my charge.
You keep the wheels lol?

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
I was stressing when I purchased my wheels from them. It wasn't until AFTER I bought the wheels when I started to see other ppl sharing their experience with ordering something from Vivid. Luckily though they did keep their word and I did get my wheels on the promised date. After reading this story I don't think I'll purchase anything from them.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
This is wild. I've not had one single problem ordering from them and I've gotten a lot of big ticket items like my intercooler, charge pipes and exhaust. Sorry to hear you're having issues with them. That really sucks.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
They arent that far from me. Maybe I should go in and ask if they have that turbo in person. Just to see if they even have them.
Do it and update us

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
My recent ordeal with Vivid Racing (Gilbert AZ) **Warning**

I ordered a PRL 600 turbo from them back in June of 2021. (Paid in full and was part of the 1st batch) I was given an delivery date of September 2021, then it was pushed to October, then November, then December, and finally in January this year, (2022) I was told another 3 to 4 weeks. (So now February 2022 blaming PRL on not being able to get them) I contacted PRL to see what was up with their turbos. PRL told me, that they have delivered all turbos on order with Vivid Racing and PRL owes them nothing. I have tried to cancel my order with Vivid; only to not get a response and I have made dozens of calls and emails to them to get my money back. ($2850) I filed a complaint with the BBB in Gilbert AZ. (which btw they have hundreds of complaints against them) **DO NOT BUY FROM VIVID RACING*** They are cheating people out of their money and lying back when they will get your product. Also don't be surprised if they want to try and keep 25% "re-stocking" fee for an item that is not listed as a special order item and that they don't actually have in stock.

Do not do business with this company, buyer beware!!!

AS a Side note, MAPerformance had turbos in stock and I purchased from them and had the turbo in 48 hours. PRL told me to check with MAPerformance, which I did and was able to get it from them. (I am not affiliated in any way with MAPerformance)

Anyone else having issues with Vivid Racing, feel free to add you experience.
@VividRacing F u

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
I’ve only ordered one Te37sl from them because the website said that they had it in stock..
A week later I received an email saying that they canceled my order, no reason or nothing so I called and called and they said that they didn’t have it in stock and that I needed to order a whole set of 4..
I was like, peace!!!
I haven’t ordered anything else from them that I can remember of.
Actually gonna check for the refund.. lol

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dispute the charge with your CC company. I sure as hell wouldn't have waited this long for that order. I'm surprised you did. The only problem, as said above, is you might be SOL with how long it's been.

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered my Titan-7's from them initially last year. They then told me they were backordered and they were drop shipping from Titan-7 and would update me as soon as they shipped. Waited a month or so and still no ship date so I cancelled and just put in a pre order direct with Titan-7. Vivid responded to my emails promptly from what I remember but I definitely didn't get any useful info about when I would get my wheels. I personally thought it was "non-consumer friendly" of them to show items in stock on their site that they obviously don't have in stock. They refunded me promptly and without hassle once I cancelled.
Sponsored