Warm start grinding noise news!!!!!FIX

newbiebuyer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 2003
Country flag
I just had this done @ 22,600 miles. Mine was fairly easy to replicate, just turn it off after it warms up, wait 10 minutes or so and start it again..

they kept it for a day to replicate the sound and then they replaced the lower valve body like it says in TSB 17-003. on the plus side at least we get a free transmission fluid change :|
Has the grinding noise and jerkiness many have complained about stayed away since the repair was done? Has anyone had this repair done in the Chicago area? Thanks.
Sponsored

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Read somewhere in one of the earlier pages where a few people have gotten the "fix" but is still present, just not as pronounced as before the fix.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Read somewhere in one of the earlier pages where a few people have gotten the "fix" but is still present, just not as pronounced as before the fix.
Ya, I'm not sure if its because the summer for me here wasn't as hot, it rarely happens now. Only happened on really hot days. and very short ones randomly even in cold. But not consistent enough to replicate at dealership. For now I'm holding off.

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Has the grinding noise and jerkiness many have complained about stayed away since the repair was done? Has anyone had this repair done in the Chicago area? Thanks.
The grinding noise is still gone, the jerkiness on rare occasion when i'm coming to a complete stop and touch the gas peddle quickly right before it does... but its not a big issue. Its the first time for this engine/transmission/bodystyle so I expected some things to go wrong, happens with any redesign the first year, overall still happy.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so after this fix, is it totally fix with no grinning sound anymore??

Monkeyelvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T Aegean Blue
Country flag
On mine, the sound went away for about a month. It's been 6 months now and the noise is almost back to how it was before the fix. From my perspective, the valve body is the symptom of something else going on within the CVT.

The jerkiness is also back, and power loss seems worse than it ever was. I'm really disappointed.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Should I go in for the fix? Getting a mixed bag of responses here.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Just yesterday picked up my car after fix TSB 17-003.
I did not check so far how car is starting. It's getting cold btw....

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so after this fix, is it totally fix with no grinning sound anymore??
Ive had mine done for a month and no noise has come back yet

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
brought mine in today to get diagnosed. The replicated it and I'm now waiting for the parts to get in. No frills. He even showed me the TSB and video on the computer.

Anyone still having problems with their dealers not recognizing the issue?

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
I just picked up my car for two issues and 1 of it is this.

I have the TSB with me, and video. They had my car for 1 day. They said they were not able to reproduce and not sure on what is causing it.

They have told me to drive more miles and if it get worse, bring it back... in short.. they did not recognize it with my video + TSB. :what:

Any advise guys? Thanks!

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I just picked up my car for two issues and 1 of it is this.

I have the TSB with me, and video. They had my car for 1 day. They said they were not able to reproduce and not sure on what is causing it.

They have told me to drive more miles and if it get worse, bring it back... in short.. they did not recognize it with my video + TSB. :what:

Any advise guys? Thanks!
What did you tell them in terms of how to replicate it?

In my case, I told him, drive for 7 miles and wait for 1.5 hours before starting it up again because that's how I replicated it every single time.
Sponsored