Warm start grinding noise news!!!!!FIX

westsiide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic coupe ext
Had mine fixed but it's starting to come back. It's very quiet now but I can hear it. I'm trading this car in next month for an SI.
Sponsored

Razro95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hond Civic Touring
Had mine fixed but it's starting to come back. It's very quiet now but I can hear it. I'm trading this car in next month for an SI.
My Dealership had a Type-R, but they only get 1 this year. To bad I couldn't, I was stuck at work. :cry:

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
How much $ is estimated to be lost for trading in a car 1 year after? I'm debating to trade in mine next year.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I
How much $ is estimated to be lost for trading in a car 1 year after? I'm debating to trade in mine next year.
I traded in my 16 touring sedan last month and they gave me 20,000 dollars. Sticker was 26,500. And I paid 23,700 out the door. So I lost 3,700 dollars. The car was 1 year 6 months and had around 6,000 miles.

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
I

I traded in my 16 touring sedan last month and they gave me 20,000 dollars. Sticker was 26,500. And I paid 23,700 out the door. So I lost 3,700 dollars. The car was 1 year 6 months and had around 6,000 miles.
but how much did you owe??? you're saying you were upside down 3700?

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Update. I called American Honda. Lady tells me about the tsb: whether the dealership replicate it or not they still need to fix it. She will forward the message to the manager and will call me back in a day to verify if that's correct! If it is....well then we all know what to do!!!

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Guys, I'm at 5000k and some change and I can smell he gas from inside the car. The Fuel Dilution monster is lurking too.

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
So A.H. Called me back and said they do have to verify the sound....assholes! Damn just replace the damn thing u guys make hella money already. sharing is caring. Sharing parts is caring!

IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR THE GRINDING NOISE....DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CAR RIGHT AWAY.!!! WAIT FOR 2 MINUTES THEN TURN IT OFF!!! WWWAALAAAA!!!

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
So A.H. Called me back and said they do have to verify the sound....assholes! Damn just replace the damn thing u guys make hella money already. sharing is caring. Sharing parts is caring!

IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR THE GRINDING NOISE....DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CAR RIGHT AWAY.!!! WAIT FOR 2 MINUTES THEN TURN IT OFF!!! WWWAALAAAA!!!
Wait for 2 min?! Is that what they told u?

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait for 2 min?! Is that what they told u?
No they didnt tell me that. Ive been waiting atleast 2-3 minutes before I turn off the caR. good idea for the our turbo life anyway...so always be on time from now on and wait for 2-3 mins..turn off the car then wait for idk 10, 15 minutes...but THIS IS WORKING FOR ME. Its just the JERKY part i hate. Also Im hesitant to change it now since I heard that the car feels heavier when the valve is changed???? aka slower and thats a no no!

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did you end up buying?
I bought a 2017 fusion sport with the twin turbo v6. It's really quick and the 6speed transmission is smooth and responsive. I can't wait to tune it. It Doesn't have any rattles or quality concerns so far like the civic I had has.

I prefer the civics style over the fusion still
And also the civic handles much better due to it being like 1,300 pounds lighter. But the fusion is just a better fit for me as far as performance and quality. Also awd is a plus for bad weather and launching.
Sponsored