First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Do I need to have a recall to get the grinding noise fix? Or do I just show up to my local Honda dealer.
You realize what showing up at a Honda dealer is going to entail?! (hint: you're not going to buy a car anymore). These are the people that rag on your car when you are going there for legit business. But if you have 'an understanding' that it is ok to joy ride your car, by all means..
Sponsored

Last edited:

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
I just had this done @ 22,600 miles. Mine was fairly easy to replicate, just turn it off after it warms up, wait 10 minutes or so and start it again..

they kept it for a day to replicate the sound and then they replaced the lower valve body like it says in TSB 17-003. on the plus side at least we get a free transmission fluid change :|

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I just had this done @ 22,600 miles. Mine was fairly easy to replicate, just turn it off after it warms up, wait 10 minutes or so and start it again..

they kept it for a day to replicate the sound and then they replaced the lower valve body like it says in TSB 17-003. on the plus side at least we get a free transmission fluid change :|
I cringe everytime..., everytime I hear a car was kept overnight for "observation' cause it will not preclude them from joy riding it. It is cringe-worthy.

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
I cringe everytime..., everytime I hear a car was kept overnight for "observation' cause it will not preclude them from joy riding it. It is cringe-worthy.
That was the funny thing.. I dropped it off in the am... And they called me later that day to said they replicated it and ordered the part and I said okay I'll pick it up and bring it back tomorrow when they get the part... and he said "oh you don't want to leave it" uhhh noooo

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Well it finally happened on my 16 touring, 45000kms as of yesterday. So far I've had the turbo surging issue, fuel door actuator replaced and now this. Definitely going to be purchasing a extended warranty shortly. But I might just dump it before the warranty expires at 60k.
What was the reason or symptom of your feal door actuator? And the grinding noise didn't happen for you till now?

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
What was the reason or symptom of your feal door actuator? And the grinding noise didn't happen for you till now?
The actuator was grinding,sounded like stripped gears so to say. And the start up noise just started last week that I know of,only happened 2 more times since then.

DrTurtlz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Modern Steel
Country flag
Mines just got fixed at Gillman Honda Houston. I brought the printed TSB in and presented it and wanted it fix and I had no problems doing so. The dealer said they could seldom replicate the noise, but they called American Honda to confirm and A.H. told them to replace it, so they did. Dealers shouldn't give you a hard time, just go to another one or blackmail them with "I'll call American Honda and ask".

The fix was a success. No more rare jerky traffic stops if I had it. The warm start grindup noise is virtually non-existent and when it's there once in a blue moon, it is extremely faint/hard to hear/barely noticeable. They kept my car for a day. I would also recommend not driving the car like a complete ass after the fix, give it at least a day of gentle driving to get the parts and any glue settled in the transmission before hammering on it.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
Mines just got fixed at Gillman Honda Houston.
Bought my 7th gen accord there. the sales sucks there, they wouldn't sell me a bone dry LX sedan for 19k driveout. I got my revenge by buying a hatch at a dealer 30 miles away in south houston.

Razro95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hond Civic Touring
They had to have my car for the whole day trying to recreate the sound and get a video and send it to Honda Canada and wait for it to get approved and then get the part and fix it....I am still in the waiting process.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They had to have my car for the whole day trying to recreate the sound and get a video and send it to Honda Canada and wait for it to get approved and then get the part and fix it....I am still in the waiting process.
Where in Canada/dealership?

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Where in Canada/dealership?
Yup, curious as well cause but at the same time, very reluctant to get it fixed since people have also reported that it still happens but not as noticeable prior to. Been getting the really bad grinding noises consistently at least once a day... Dealership still denies it/"can't repro"

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, curious as well cause but at the same time, very reluctant to get it fixed since people have also reported that it still happens but not as noticeable prior to. Been getting the really bad grinding noises consistently at least once a day... Dealership still denies it/"can't repro"
Even these days? Mine happens once in a blue moon now due to not as hot weather here in toronto but I know for fact when its hot it happens. I actually happened when I got off work few days ago. then went straight to dealership. car won't do it again.. not it's just trolling with me i swear lol.

Razro95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hond Civic Touring
Wow never heard anyone call a dealership the "best" haha. Looks like I may have to drive to BC to get it fixed LMAOOOOO
I have owned 3 Honda's and 1 BMW and they have always been very nice and never gave me the run around. I hear horror stories from people about other dealerships.
Sponsored