Warm start grinding noise news!!!!!FIX

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well they did repair the the lower valve body for the grinding problem but it's still there. Just not as loud anymore. I'm also having an issue now where the car shakes pretty bad on restarts. But only happens occasionally. And of course all the previous issues I've had are still there. Honda has really disappointed me. I'm having a hard time finding the right car to replace this thing with.

I wouldn't rush into getting it fixed since it hasn't completely fixed the issue for me and fo several other people.
With all your quality issues, I don't blame you for wanting to trade it for something else. There are some new cars that will be up for a redesign soon or are coming out, so hopefully you'll find something out there soon. It's a good thing that the car is still within warranty so keep lighting a fire underneath their seat. Good luck to ya. Keep us posted.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow its still there eh @domm92 !?
@Dretlaw the reason why no dealers can replicate it is because it needs to sit for a minimum of 30mins before it will do a good grind. Sometimes it does it after 15mins, but wait the full 30mins, 90%+ chance it will do it then.
Oh don't worry I am well aware of the scenario and can pretty much predict when it will happen. I have it on video also. It seems to be the loudest after an hour or so of rest.

Let's hope that this valve has been updated in the CRV and Si. Only time will tell.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Ok I'm hearing it now. Shorter duration. Mostly quieter. Same parameters to create it.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
What the hell do I do if I wanna tune the car? They won't do any repairs on my CVT if they know it's flashed.

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I always hear the sound when I leave the dealership, but when i get there, they cant recreate it

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
What the hell do I do if I wanna tune the car? They won't do any repairs on my CVT if they know it's flashed.
chances are you'll be using hondata or ktuner which means u can flash cvt back to stock in 5 minutes.... no biggie

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just took my car in to have the startup grind fix done yesterday. I had them go ahead and order the parts to have ready since it had already been diagnosed. The technician mentioned that he thought I was the first one in for that repair. It's strange to me that more people don't notice it. I started my car this morning and didn't hear a grinding noise. So far so good.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Dropped by my dealership today and while they could replicate it, they said the part is in back order until September, for the whole US. Anyone else heard anything similar?

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Dropped by my dealership today and while they could replicate it, they said the part is in back order until September, for the whole US. Anyone else heard anything similar?
Whoa, I hope not. I had called my dealer ahead on a Saturday and they had the part ordered and in stock by the time I brought my car in that Wednesday, but this was about a month or so ago now. Anyone else give this a shot recently?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
idk about any backorders man... this monday I'm going in to replace my HU and also they're taking a look at the grinding... they already have the parts but when they received them HONDA told them about other customers who got the fix and it still grinds so they are thinking it could even be a new throttle body as a whole assembly and not just the inside of that CVT

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
will post on here monday when i get any updates
Please do. And as far as backorders, I agree. I have gone to that dealership 3 times already and mentioned the grinding. They say they can never replicate it, which I know its bullshit (they aren't even trying to). They always treat me like I don't know what I'm talking about.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Please do. And as far as backorders, I agree. I have gone to that dealership 3 times already and mentioned the grinding. They say they can never replicate it, which I know its bullshit (they aren't even trying to). They always treat me like I don't know what I'm talking about.
get in contact with american honda... thats what i did and they contacted the dealer after that... and now the dealer tippy toes on rocks around me man.... lol

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Try a different dealership if you can. I called my dealership about a week ago and they had the part ready in five days before I took it in for repair. I doubt a giant backorder has cropped up in that time.
Sponsored