EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I want to write a letter to Honda but I know it'll do nothing. The vibration I felt in the shifter during the drive concerned me quite a bit but I havent felt it since.

The startup grind is a lot quieter than before but it still happens.
Sponsored

bubbaleenc

Owning the country roads.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T Sedan '01 4Runner '18 Suburban
Country flag
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hauskuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB 1.5 6MT
Country flag
I drive a manual 1.5t and my car also has a weird noise when being started while it's warm... not sure it's only the cvt.

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My civic makes the same noise but it is not listed in the VINS? Any help?

VIN #: HE211870

Mine wasn't part of the "vin" either, I kept complaining until they finally got it to do it. Unfortunately it didn't do much except quiet the problem down, still annoying and embarrassing when people notice it.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Mine wasn't part of the "vin" either, I kept complaining until they finally got it to do it. Unfortunately it didn't do much except quiet the problem down, still annoying and embarrassing when people notice it.
Is yours a real "grinding noise" like starter on started motor or a lighter grind/pump noise. I am 100% positive that is it...

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
well my grinding noise is back and Honda verified and will be going in for another repair...I have read a post in another thread on this that if grind comes back Honda is replacing the whole transmission with a 2018 trans?? waiting to hear back from my dealer if that's the case or not?? anyone else hear about this?

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sorry to bump, back to having this issue again.. Seems louder this time but still ugly sounding buzz.. Any updates to this?

DrTurtlz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Modern Steel
Country flag
Sorry to bump, back to having this issue again.. Seems louder this time but still ugly sounding buzz.. Any updates to this?
Hey, I also had the TSB performed on my car probably 2 years ago at this point. After it, grinding noise is nonexistent to this day, 30000 miles later. For the past 2 months, occasionally on startup there is an unseemly vibration that was similar to the one felt prior to the TSB. So I knew it was transmission related because I’ve experienced it before the TSB. Again it only occurred during startup where it felt like it shook the entire car. Then just last week, Maintenance Code 3 popped up and it was to remind me that it was time to change my transmission fluid. Just in time! After I changed it, no more vibrations, no more seldom jerkiness while suddenly accelerating/decelerating. Try a transmission fluid change, it might just be all it needs. The manual states to change it every 25K in harsh conditions, Google says 30k is a good guideline. I’ll stick with 30K from now on despite what the Maintenance Minder tells me to maintain the longevity of my transmission. Car runs much smoother, it might be time for your change. Hope this helps.

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey, I also had the TSB performed on my car probably 2 years ago at this point. After it, grinding noise is nonexistent to this day, 30000 miles later. For the past 2 months, occasionally on startup there is an unseemly vibration that was similar to the one felt prior to the TSB. So I knew it was transmission related because I’ve experienced it before the TSB. Again it only occurred during startup where it felt like it shook the entire car. Then just last week, Maintenance Code 3 popped up and it was to remind me that it was time to change my transmission fluid. Just in time! After I changed it, no more vibrations, no more seldom jerkiness while suddenly accelerating/decelerating. Try a transmission fluid change, it might just be all it needs. The manual states to change it every 25K in harsh conditions, Google says 30k is a good guideline. I’ll stick with 30K from now on despite what the Maintenance Minder tells me to maintain the longevity of my transmission. Car runs much smoother, it might be time for your change. Hope this helps.
I'm 99% sure it's the same issue I had before, same location, same noise, etc. They replaced my whole transmission two years ago because of this, just find it crazy that this noise hasn't been fixed, it's loud enough where it's embarrassing to hear it. Other than that there aren't any issues with my transmission, no jerkiness, etc.

17hatchblue

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
Country flag
I'm 99% sure it's the same issue I had before, same location, same noise, etc. They replaced my whole transmission two years ago because of this, just find it crazy that this noise hasn't been fixed, it's loud enough where it's embarrassing to hear it. Other than that there aren't any issues with my transmission, no jerkiness, etc.
I’m having this same issue with my car. After getting it fixed in October of last year the noise is back. I have taken the car to dealership twice now and they tell me it’s normal I’m at 59k so I’m almost out of warranty and they don’t want to fix it. What did you do about yours? I’m thinking of talking to Honda corporate directly.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My CVT throttle body rattle is back with a vengeance, I had this fixed July 6th of 2017, at 19,780 miles. Now I have 60,600 miles and fortunately I have the extended warranty, so it goes in on 11/4 for another repair. I called Honda Corp and asked if there was a permanent fix or were they just going to do the same thing again, can't get an answer. They said the service dept can determine that. I asked to escalate the call, I insisted there be a record of this call and a record of my complaint. They actually did that and assured me it was on file. I told them there are thousands of people having this same issue, they conceded that fact and asked me to pass on to you that it is very important to report your experiences and complaints because that is how action is taken. Sooo, PLEASE, document, write, email, call, don't just post on here and bitch, but actually DO something.
[my 2 cents].

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I had the TSB performed twice and it went away for a few thousand miles each time but comes back. I’m at 58,000 and I’ve complained to Honda so much and even complained to the field tech from Honda and nothing is being done. I just gave up.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I had the TSB performed twice and it went away for a few thousand miles each time but comes back. I’m at 58,000 and I’ve complained to Honda so much and even complained to the field tech from Honda and nothing is being done. I just gave up.
Don't give up. Go to your local TV station that does "MUCKRAKING" stories about consumers being ripped off. Write to the consumer protection division of your state attorney general office. write to the NHTSA. The squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Sponsored