Warm start grinding noise news!!!!!FIX

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Don't forget to mark this down as a CVT fluid change also. It worked out great for me with 33k miles so I don't have to worry about it for another 30 to 50k
Sponsored

SoFloCivic

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch 1.5 CVT Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my sporthatch in cvt in September of 2017 and its making this noise on hot startups. I will be addressing this issue with the dealership once I take it in for an oil change, I'm just over 4000 miles so it'll be my first oil change. I'm disappointed with this noise but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Does anybody have an update on their fix with the dealership?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought my sporthatch in cvt in September of 2017 and its making this noise on hot startups. I will be addressing this issue with the dealership once I take it in for an oil change, I'm just over 4000 miles so it'll be my first oil change. I'm disappointed with this noise but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Does anybody have an update on their fix with the dealership?
The noise is 90% gone but occasionally I hear like 1/2 second of it but honestly nothing like before. It's worth getting it fixed

SoFloCivic

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch 1.5 CVT Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The noise is 90% gone but occasionally I hear like 1/2 second of it but honestly nothing like before. It's worth getting it fixed
Good to hear, my car doesn't make the noise every time and when it does it's a very short grind noise compared to most of the videos I've seen. It's under warranty and I don't want problems in the future so I'll get it fixed. Thanks and I'll post an update once I take it in.

Bittle35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
calling any 17' owners who frequent this thread does yours have this issue as well?....I can't believe Honda thinks this doesn't affect 17 sedan/coupe owners as well...
I have heard this on mine as well, it is very intermittent though.. Hard to know when it will do it!

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just had a full grind for about 15 seconds and was loud enough I couldn't hear the fans spooling up. Not too sure how long it's going to hold up but definitely doesn't sound healthy.

Bittle35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just had a full grind for about 15 seconds and was loud enough I couldn't hear the fans spooling up. Not too sure how long it's going to hold up but definitely doesn't sound healthy.
What's crazy is that ive read testimony from those who had the fix done and the issue still comes back, which could mean its a conjuntive problem. The valve body and something else.. Hard to say!!

jsarsoza

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have heard this on mine as well, it is very intermittent though.. Hard to know when it will do it!
How does the noise sound like exactly? Everone is saying that its like a grinding noise but mine sounds like the noise air intake make when you rev it up.. mine just started a few weeks ago and it only happens on warm restarts and it’s intermittent. Also comes with a vibrating sound sometimes

Bittle35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
How does the noise sound like exactly? Everone is saying that its like a grinding noise but mine sounds like the noise air intake make when you rev it up.. mine just started a few weeks ago and it only happens on warm restarts and it’s intermittent. Also comes with a vibrating sound sometimes
Mine is the same.. Sounds more like tapped air.. Last for about a second.
Mine does the same, sounds more like trapped air. Only happens on a warm start up. Ive noticed no affect with performance.. Think its more of a design issue with the turbo.. Mine is a 2017 civic ex-t.

jsarsoza

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is the same.. Sounds more like tapped air.. Last for about a second.

Mine does the same, sounds more like trapped air. Only happens on a warm start up. Ive noticed no affect with performance.. Think its more of a design issue with the turbo.. Mine is a 2017 civic ex-t.
Damn. I have the 17 hatch sport and it really stresses me out every time i hear it

Bittle35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Dont stress, as long as it isnt causing mechanical issues, it should be fine.. Just a design error. Im certain an actual fix will be found eventially..maybe a new turbo!!
Damn. I have the 17 hatch sport and it really stresses me out every time i hear it

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Finally getting mine fixed tomorrow, the fourth time I brought it in. I've shown video which they "couldn't use". Now I've got an issue where full heat to 67 degrees feels the same but they couldnt get it to replicate.. This car pisses me off sometimes but damn do I love it.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Finally getting mine fixed tomorrow, the fourth time I brought it in. I've shown video which they "couldn't use". Now I've got an issue where full heat to 67 degrees feels the same but they couldnt get it to replicate.. This car pisses me off sometimes but damn do I love it.
Glad your getting it fixed finally! I left mine with the dealer for a day I was off and they were able to get it to make the sound...fixed and so far seems to be much better.

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Glad your getting it fixed finally! I left mine with the dealer for a day I was off and they were able to get it to make the sound...fixed and so far seems to be much better.
So after dropping off my car today to get this problem repaired, I get a phone call a few hours later letting me know they've replicated the problem and now are ordering the parts to get it fixed and to also pick up my car while we wait for said parts.. I've got the biggest WTF face going on right now.

This is why I brought it in last week was to get an appointment set this week to have it repaired no diagnosed and then told to wait again.. Holy shit, this makes me want to sell my hatch and just walk everywhere. :dunno:

Bittle35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
So after dropping off my car today to get this problem repaired, I get a phone call a few hours later letting me know they've replicated the problem and now are ordering the parts to get it fixed and to also pick up my car while we wait for said parts.. I've got the biggest WTF face going on right now.

This is why I brought it in last week was to get an appointment set this week to have it repaired no diagnosed and then told to wait again.. Holy shit, this makes me want to sell my hatch and just walk everywhere. :dunno:
I can imagine the frustration! Just breath bro.. I do hope the repair fixes the problem. Please keep the forum posted..
Sponsored