Wanting to replace all my civics lights with LEDs including fogs and headlights

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Can someone direct me to where I need to go or post me a link haha?
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Read some of the threads on here for the types of bulbs they used for the fog lights and others, but I don't think anyone's done LED headlights instead of having bought the Touring. You could try to find the LED lights from a wrecked one, but you'd be breaking new ground with the replacement...

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
That thread basically says the replacement bulb headlights LOOK cool, they don't work as well unless they have the lenses to match... Otherwise you're better off with an HID kit.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Can someone direct me to where I need to go or post me a link haha?
HID Nation.com, I installed high, low, and fog lamps for around $240 with Free shipping... Been using HID Nation for a while. Great LED KITS!!!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
HID Nation.com, I installed high, low, and fog lamps for around $240 with Free shipping... Been using HID Nation for a while. Great LED KITS!!!
Theretrofitsource.com in my opinion for headlight bulbs.. Go hid here amd not led.. Im sorry it just doesnt = the same light output yet in led.. T10/194 bulbs for $10 bucks on ebay.. Yorkim is decent.. Couple of more $$ for sirius led... Sirius led for foglights for approx $25.. Those are fanless versions... You dont need super bright/hot led's in your fogs.. And dont replace the 3rd brake light unless your relacing the entire housing or internals to an actual older civic or accord inners.. Its pointless i promise.. Ur license plate lights are also led already...

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Theretrofitsource.com in my opinion for headlight bulbs.. Go hid here amd not led.. Im sorry it just doesnt = the same light output yet in led.. T10/194 bulbs for $10 bucks on ebay.. Yorkim is decent.. Couple of more $$ for sirius led... Sirius led for foglights for approx $25.. Those are fanless versions... You dont need super bright/hot led's in your fogs.. And dont replace the 3rd brake light unless your relacing the entire housing or internals to an actual older civic or accord inners.. Its pointless i promise.. Ur license plate lights are also led already...
To each his own, if you like HID bulbs, good for you. The person that created this thread wanted info on LED bulbs. I have replaced High/Low/Fog/Reverse & all of the interior with LED KITS from HIDnation.com. I've been using theses same kits for 2 years in my other vehicles. No problems or issues at all. Light output is GREAT!! These LED KITS even come with a warranty. I'm just saying....

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
To each his own, if you like HID bulbs, good for you. The person that created this thread wanted info on LED bulbs. I have replaced High/Low/Fog/Reverse & all of the interior with LED KITS from HIDnation.com. I've been using theses same kits for 2 years in my other vehicles. No problems or issues at all. Light output is GREAT!! These LED KITS even come with a warranty. I'm just saying....
I hear you.. Ive tryed both.. For low beams led's just arent there (yet in my opinion), plus the fan noise is annoying.. Im sure in a few years those will be fixed (noise and throw) now for fog np with the fanless 30w versions... Also see no issue using them for high beams.. Although i think its a waste of money since i use high beams what? 3 to 4 times a year?....

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear you.. Ive tryed both.. For low beams led's just arent there (yet in my opinion), plus the fan noise is annoying.. Im sure in a few years those will be fixed (noise and throw) now for fog np with the fanless 30w versions... Also see no issue using them for high beams.. Although i think its a waste of money since i use high beams what? 3 to 4 times a year?....
And yes i know the op created the thread and his question was for led... I just gave my honest opinion the the low beams are better of with hid's

HipHopCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
is this kit easy to install plug and go?

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
is this kit easy to install plug and go?
Yes, LED's come with a ballast and the factory bulb connector. The fog lamps take a little more time to do cause you have to access them through a panel under the car in front of the front tires. It's not hard at all, promise.... There is a video on here for changing fog lamps to LED. I watched the video and it was very informative.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
What on Earth have you been using for kits? My fans are dead silent. Even with the hood open you have to put your ear near them. I'll admit the throw is slightly less than HID, but minimal and still hands down brighter than halogen. Longer lasting too. I have the new OPT7 Fluxbeam X fwiw.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What on Earth have you been using for kits? My fans are dead silent. Even with the hood open you have to put your ear near them. I'll admit the throw is slightly less than HID, but minimal and still hands down brighter than halogen. Longer lasting too. I have the new OPT7 Fluxbeam X fwiw.
Its been a lil over a year.. I will say i have sensitive hearing.. Like its scary how much i can hear... Ive pinpointed issues on cars that other techs couldnt with sound.. And no special tools.. Firetrucks made me cry till i was 12yo cause what the sound would do in my head..

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Its been a lil over a year.. I will say i have sensitive hearing.. Like its scary how much i can hear... Ive pinpointed issues on cars that other techs couldnt with sound.. And no special tools.. Firetrucks made me cry till i was 12yo cause what the sound would do in my head..
Honda Civic 10th gen Wanting to replace all my civics lights with LEDs including fogs and headlights FB_IMG_1439033779513

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
No seriously, in the world of decibels, there is absolutely positively no way you'd hear the fan on an OPT7 LED. With the car off it is only audible with the hood open and your ear near it.
I have keen hearing myself (though not superhuman) and it is silent. More quiet than a small desk fan by far. With the car running, literally every moving part is louder and would easily drown it out.

Both of my brother in laws have autism. If they can't hear it, you can't hear it. :topic:
Sponsored