wanted : AF dynamic short ram intake red for 1.5 civic sport hatch

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
i live in the UK and i am looking for a new/used AF dynamic air intake for my 1.5 sport hatch. happy to pay shipping costs if anyone is selling one. or if anyone knows any sites/links where i can purchase one that would be great!
Sponsored

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cant find any of these anymore...im verry happy with mine...made some little change to it too...got a better filter and cut the pipe to make it more straight flowing like the stock set up...because it bends down toward the inside of the engine bay with the MAF on it

Honda Civic 10th gen wanted : AF dynamic short ram intake red for 1.5 civic sport hatch intaka

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Very nice! Why did you change the filter? Was it to a bigger one? Nice touch with eliminating the drop on the piping, did you notice better airflow? Ive got a PRL race maf short ram in the garage but it requires a tune and does not come with heatshield so just wanted a plug and play until im ready to tune.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! Why did you change the filter? Was it to a bigger one? Nice touch with eliminating the drop on the piping, did you notice better airflow? Ive got a PRL race maf short ram in the garage but it requires a tune and does not come with heatshield so just wanted a plug and play until im ready to tune.

probably the same size of filter....but this spectre one filter a lot better than the stock one on the AF(wich i think is horrible at filtering)
i had better airflow with AF one...with less filtration....but its slightly minimal........and with this set up i did keep the stock bottom airbox from factory to have direct colder air to it to...and shields it it too
yeah you truly need a tuner with that PRL set up...if you had it it would be to not hard to make a custom intake.....
sound is just awesome compare to stock.....i love the spool and blow off sound when 1/2thtrottle to 3/4....its the best range :)

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
probably the same size of filter....but this spectre one filter a lot better than the stock one on the AF(wich i think is horrible at filtering)
i had better airflow with AF one...with less filtration....but its slightly minimal........and with this set up i did keep the stock bottom airbox from factory to have direct colder air to it to...and shields it it too
yeah you truly need a tuner with that PRL set up...if you had it it would be to not hard to make a custom intake.....
sound is just awesome compare to stock.....i love the spool and blow off sound when 1/2thtrottle to 3/4....its the best range :)
Do you have more info on that filter? I'm looking to replace mine as well with a bigger filter.

Honda Civic 10th gen wanted : AF dynamic short ram intake red for 1.5 civic sport hatch Photo_1556845608576

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Apologies in advance for hijacking the thread, but I just ordered this filter for the AF Dynamic intake but it looks like it's too big for the piping. AF Dynamic has a 2.75" diameter piping, whereas the filter has a minimum of a 3" diameter.

How are you guys getting this filter to fit? I'm thinking about adding a silicon hose as a spacer or purchasing the HPR9888K instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Perf...s=spectre+2.75inch+cone&qid=1593442126&sr=8-3

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i comes with 3 ring of rubber that you can reduce the intlet size :)

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies in advance for hijacking the thread, but I just ordered this filter for the AF Dynamic intake but it looks like it's too big for the piping. AF Dynamic has a 2.75" diameter piping, whereas the filter has a minimum of a 3" diameter.

How are you guys getting this filter to fit? I'm thinking about adding a silicon hose as a spacer or purchasing the HPR9888K instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Perf...s=spectre+2.75inch+cone&qid=1593442126&sr=8-3
look the second picture in this link
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/spe-8132

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the responses guys! And hfpdohc, I did try using the smallest ring size (3") and it was still too big for the piping. Maybe I got a defective intake or something. :dunno:

I'll look into an Injen filter as well. Nice engine bay zspeed! Wish I could keep mine that clean haha.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Thanks for the responses guys! And hfpdohc, I did try using the smallest ring size (3") and it was still too big for the piping. Maybe I got a defective intake or something. :dunno:

I'll look into an Injen filter as well. Nice engine bay zspeed! Wish I could keep mine that clean haha.
That’s not how it looks currently. ?

This is my current...

Honda Civic 10th gen wanted : AF dynamic short ram intake red for 1.5 civic sport hatch D9569A1B-3999-42D5-B774-8BA69330F31A
Sponsored