First Name
Luk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Hi,

Writing to those that have roof rack mounted over sunroof. Technicly Honda in specs is not allowing to do that. What is your experience? Any problems with sunroof?
How fast you were traveling with bikes on rack? Have you tried to mount as well trunk on this rack, still all ok?

Last edited:

Nofirstgear

First Name
Devan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
Same @dc2turbo
Fit/finish and sturdiness of the Yakima towers and corebars are 11/10. I've had a 16' canoe up there with absolutely no worries of damaging the bars or my roof. I don't think I'd attempt that with the suction mounts...
And I love the look of the overhanging bars

Rack Rear.jpg

resized driveway front corner.jpg
Do you happen to know the clip size or part number you have here. Was going to buy a used unit and then order the correct clips

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
has anyone figured out what rack works with the coupe?

most should fit. but you'll need to mount the rear bar in the door channel. that makes it mighty close to the front bar. doesn't seem that i'd want to carry a long load up there in that case. the thule set from a 06 corolla fit all my civics, that is with different fit parts. sedan, hatch and now the coupe

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
most should fit. but you'll need to mount the rear bar in the door channel. that makes it mighty close to the front bar. doesn't seem that i'd want to carry a long load up there in that case. the thule set from a 06 corolla fit all my civics, that is with different fit parts. sedan, hatch and now the coupe
do you have one currently?

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Yup, same since 06 other than the fit parts, when I set this up it was before any kits available. Mine is noisy without a fairing. Would assume one designed for the 10th.gen civic would be quieter.

Stella.FK7

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you decide to go the Thule route, they have specific fit kits that would fit the Sedans and the Hatchbacks. I don’t have much on the Coupes but I think the best option is to go with a Seasucker Setup

Fit Kit 1797 2016+ Sedans
Fit Kit 1852 2017+ Hatchbacks

I personally run the Aeroblades and it has minimal wind noise without a fairing. I also run a cargo box and it can get noisy depending on the how strong the wind is.

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to install a roof rack on my Si 234D16B6-09F7-4D62-9A34-08CA3232EFEA

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to install a roof rack on my Si 44225DE8-0153-4208-ABCC-5D7F829ACD8A