Want to install a roof rack on my Si

WayahWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Same @dc2turbo
Fit/finish and sturdiness of the Yakima towers and corebars are 11/10. I've had a 16' canoe up there with absolutely no worries of damaging the bars or my roof. I don't think I'd attempt that with the suction mounts...
And I love the look of the overhanging bars

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to install a roof rack on my Si Rack Rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to install a roof rack on my Si resized driveway front corner

propatrol

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same @dc2turbo
Fit/finish and sturdiness of the Yakima towers and corebars are 11/10. I've had a 16' canoe up there with absolutely no worries of damaging the bars or my roof. I don't think I'd attempt that with the suction mounts...
And I love the look of the overhanging bars

Rack Rear.jpg

resized driveway front corner.jpg
what size are your bars?

WayahWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Can someone clarify if drilling holes in the roof is necessary for the Yakima rack?

I've had aftermarket roof racks and they didn't need drilling into the roof.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Can someone clarify if drilling holes in the roof is necessary for the Yakima rack?

I've had aftermarket roof racks and they didn't need drilling into the roof.
Absolutely not.

dominipino

Jordan
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fc1, 300zx
Country flag
Yakima roof rack I bought through local bike shop. It’s been on my car since I bought the car, no issues(8 months). No wind noise except when sunroof is open, other then that you can barely tell.

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to install a roof rack on my Si 62B0E0FC-9001-4451-8FC5-CD3C55424AD4

dhardeman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe ABM
Country flag
Just an FYI, I know some of you actually want the bike on the roof but I imagine most of you can fit it in the trunk. I can mine and it is even a larger 29" mtb bike. Obviously with the front tire off but I was amazed how I was able to get it to fit. No lock, rack, or worring needed....... :thumbsup:

In case anyone has wondered or not tried. Mine is the coupe as well.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Just an FYI, I know some of you actually want the bike on the roof but I imagine most of you can fit it in the trunk. I can mine and it is even a larger 29" mtb bike. Obviously with the front tire off but I was amazed how I was able to get it to fit. No lock, rack, or worring needed....... :thumbsup:

In case anyone has wondered or not tried. Mine is the coupe as well.
I also have a 29" mtn bike. I never tried putting it in the trunk. I eyeballed it, but it didn't look like it would fit.

I like the idea of a rack, but i want it to be easily installed and removed. I don't want it on the car when not in use.

dhardeman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI coupe ABM
Country flag
I also have a 29" mtn bike. I never tried putting it in the trunk. I eyeballed it, but it didn't look like it would fit.

I like the idea of a rack, but i want it to be easily installed and removed. I don't want it on the car when not in use.
Well I do have to be a little careful when putting it in the trunk. But thats mainly cause its a new car and I dont want to scratch it up :doh: But with the back seats down it fits fine. I just throw a blanket in the back when I am riding and use it to not scratch things up. I also dont like the idea of my bike on top of the car sitting even if it is locked. But I guess im just weird like that. Throwing it in the trunk is just the simplest solution TBH. Another reason I love this car.

kingcuongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 21 Palisade Calligraphy, 14 CT200h F Sport
Country flag
for those that use the seasucker, do you by chance have a ceramic coated car? I have the talon rack, and I'm thinking about coating my car in the near future. I don't know how it would affect the seasucker's ability to attach?

kingcuongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 21 Palisade Calligraphy, 14 CT200h F Sport
Country flag
for those that use the seasucker, do you by chance have a ceramic coated car? I have the talon rack, and I'm thinking about coating my car in the near future. I don't know how it would affect the seasucker's ability to attach?
FYI, I contacted seasucker,and here's their response for anybody searching in the future:

"The recommendation with ceramic coating is the same as with a wax coating in regard to allowing the product to cure prior to mounting a rack on it.
You would need to consult the tech / shop that applies the coating as to what the proper timeline for this would be."

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
Well I do have to be a little careful when putting it in the trunk. But thats mainly cause its a new car and I dont want to scratch it up :doh: But with the back seats down it fits fine. I just throw a blanket in the back when I am riding and use it to not scratch things up. I also dont like the idea of my bike on top of the car sitting even if it is locked. But I guess im just weird like that. Throwing it in the trunk is just the simplest solution TBH. Another reason I love this car.
Realize I'm bumping a fairly old thread, but I'll just add that I've been able to fit two bikes in the back of my sedan. An XL 27.5+ hardtail, and a L 27.5+ full suspension. It was a tight fit, and both wheels came off of one of them, but it worked. I've been considering a rack, but I, too, don't like the idea of leaving my bike on the roof unsupervised. I ended up getting an industrial floor mat from Lowe's and laying it over the back seats:

Honda Civic 10th gen Want to install a roof rack on my Si 62B0E0FC-9001-4451-8FC5-CD3C55424AD4

36x60 fits great with a couple cuts from a box knife to follow the trunk pass-through. Smells awful at first, definitely want to let it air out with the windows down for a few days.
Sponsored