Want to change my muffler around… is it worth it??

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I do anything to my muffler on my 2018 Honda Civic 2.0? I have a sedan not a sport model car but I want to change the sound on the muffler if that’s even a thing or worth messing around with? Lol
Sponsored

UltraMK

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic ex-t sedan, 2007 Honda Civic lx sedan
Country flag
I have a 2018 sedan 1.5T and I installed two Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow chambered mufflers. I kept the factory piping and deleted the resonator and the sound is like butter. Really surprised how good it sounded, way better than I expected. Now, it was a real pain getting those mufflers to fit because they are considerably bigger than factory but they did with just the tips (I also added 3" diameter tips) just sticking out under the rear bumper. If you didn't add any then it would be pretty inconspicuous and hardly noticeable.

My main goal was just a deeper and nicer tone and didn't want anything loud. This was perfect. Nice low tone (especially on a cold start up) when cruising around and slightly more audible but not obnoxious at all when I get on it. Interior drone is very minimal and to be honest it has never bothered me even on some longer trips. It's more that I can actually hear the car instead of drone if you know what I mean.

It isn't something that someone from a distance away is going to notice, but I've gotten a number of compliments from people standing nearby when I start it up. It isn't in your face but definitely has some personality now.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2018 sedan 1.5T and I installed two Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow chambered mufflers. I kept the factory piping and deleted the resonator and the sound is like butter. Really surprised how good it sounded, way better than I expected. Now, it was a real pain getting those mufflers to fit because they are considerably bigger than factory but they did with just the tips (I also added 3" diameter tips) just sticking out under the rear bumper. If you didn't add any then it would be pretty inconspicuous and hardly noticeable.

My main goal was just a deeper and nicer tone and didn't want anything loud. This was perfect. Nice low tone (especially on a cold start up) when cruising around and slightly more audible but not obnoxious at all when I get on it. Interior drone is very minimal and to be honest it has never bothered me even on some longer trips. It's more that I can actually hear the car instead of drone if you know what I mean.

It isn't something that someone from a distance away is going to notice, but I've gotten a number of compliments from people standing nearby when I start it up. It isn't in your face but definitely has some personality now.
Could you possibly add a video of your muffler sounds? I took my car to a muffler shop and they were so busy that I wasn’t sure if I was going to get it done or not. I forgot how much they were going to charge but I wanted to delete the resonator and have a nice low tone to my car when I start it up. I’m not looking for something that sounds like a damn rice burner lol but I wasn’t sure if this would be possible for my car since it’s all stock and nothing changed to the engine.
Sponsored