tyetheemt

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe 2017 Standard 6
Country flag
I blew my speakers and they keep snapping. I am hard of hearing so feeling music is important. I need to change the speakers and subs. It is $600 to install. Is this worth it or can I do it myself relatively easily? I absolutely detest the radio and touch screen interface. Ideas?
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
YouTube my friend. The back panel is the only issue on these cars.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Search old threads, there's quite a few examples of people's stereo builds. There's a bunch of talk about aftermarket head units here, but you might lose some functions with TPMS and oil monitor type things-

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...it-feature-overview-installation.17034/unread

And you'll need to figure out what kind of amp you want if you want real high volume, especially for a larger sub. There's a thread here somewhere that showed a Kicker 8" going in the factory location, but there's no enclosure (except the hatch, I think) so it might not work too well. I just made a fiberglass enclosure for my trunk, but there's a bunch of threads with people installing powered underseat units, or large standard type boxes in the trunk depending on how much room you want to give up.

As for the price, it depends entirely on what you're getting. If someone quoted me $600 to install a completely new system, that's not bad. Same price for just swapping speakers? No way. The good news is that it's not terribly difficult to swap the speakers, so DIY is definitely an option.
Sponsored