1.5T Want stronger internals for more power.. what do I need?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Alright, let's compile everything said here, even the guy you didn't like his opinion, into something readable:

No one said you can't build the 1.5 to be track-worthy, he said at that power level, managing the heat the engine will generate will be the limiting factor in how long you can be on track vs cooling it down(that's why the camaros and corvettes have 8-10 radiators on the cars, to get the heat out of 650-700hp, same issue here with 350whp, just a little less). Maybe think about a mishimoto rad upgrade once you get to that point, the full aluminium build will remove the chance for the stock one to crack at the plastic tanks and it is a lot more efficient. A hood with louvers will also help manage all that extra heat. Not a lot of ppl think about the extra heat more hp adds.

As far as internals, just the rods and pistons will be enough for your power level, the sleeves would need to be done if you want to go higher power or try to self-tune(I.E. not using a good, reputable tuner that MAY run the car with too much knock without knowing it). If you may be wanting more than 350whp in the future, getting the block sleeved is a good idea but you have to weigh the costs yourself on that. You seem to have everything else already on the car around the engine to handle and consistently make that power. Until port injection comes out, water/meth kit is also a good place to look for, keeps the engien cooler and gives you extra octane and fuel at the higher PSI levels.

If you look at his sig, he's got all kinds of Acuity parts, CVTs don't have aftermarket shifter parts... :)

Hopefully this helps clear things up.
Sponsored

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I would stay away from the Crower rods and go with the Saenz Performance Line. They're expensive, but worth every penny.
Do you mind if I ask why you advise staying away from the Crower rods? I am buying the TSP built block and was planning on sticking with the Crower rods to save some coin.

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I understand the desire for more power, and the Si 1.5L has proven to be capable of 500hp. However, this really isn't a easy route, adding it's not even the Si 1.5.

The Op may not like this, but I was on the same boat when I had my Si running on 240whp, and looking for more with ordered pipes, intercooler..... list goes on

But I didn't do it. There were enough examples of blown engines, and issues with people going above 350hp. Sure you can spend tons of $ to change the internal or even get a built engine, but then there were also examples of random engine issues because too much has been changed.

The OP has to understand, It is a Hatchback sport, a car you buy for daily commute, not a tuner's sportscar. Better be mentally prepared that even after the $10000 spent to get that much power, the car may just die on you all of a sudden.

In the end, you don't seem to take suggestions that positively, So, do whatever please you, it's your car. I have given my genuine thoughts

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
A little off topic question.
Any fellow enthusiast here who mod.ed engine internals on a CVT equipped car :). Are there any crazy ones out there? :p

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
A little off topic question.
Any fellow enthusiast here who mod.ed engine internals on a CVT equipped car :). Are there any crazy ones out there? :p
Me, & I know there are many more in this forum.

Last edited:

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag