Want a new 2021 Civic sedan with a manual?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
put a dsg or zf in there and call it a day.

A CTR with zf trans will sells like hotcake.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’ll be upset if they offer an automatic trans vehicle with an Si badge on it.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Given that most of the Si's competition offer an AT option, I'd jump at the chance for a DCT or ZF mated to an Si, while of course keeping the manual as the standard. It is a bit odd they nixed the MT for the sport model however... it's still available on the HBS and HBST. Wondering if they're just condensing the lineup temporarily in anticipation for the 11G civic (just like they put the Si on hold).

We could see the manual option return to the sport models for 2022. But given their repositioning of the HB as the sporty option... the sedan may end up going without a manual option except for the Si.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
not even AT... most likely another type of CVT, like WRX and STi have. Not many want manual nor know how to use one... trust me, Honda will be killing manual sooner or later, people are just lazy nowadays to shift gears

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
It seems to be primarily north America that has this infatuation with auto transmissions so I doubt manuals are being killed off entirely, just not available in specific regions where they don't sell as well. There's no way they'd get rid of manuals here in Europe for instance. They're more desirable than AT in most countries and here in particular, you need to do your driving test in a manual if you want a licence that lets you drive all cars. Doing it in an auto means you can only drive auto cars.

I'd assume this at least would leave you guys with an option of converting an AT to an MT down the road.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
It's all because people wanted to eat food while driving and doesn't want to row through gears ???

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I don't even want to buy a new car manufactured in the times of lockdowns and plague panic. Assembled by masked people, angry and pissed they had to go to work instead of getting a free check in the mail. Don't they now assemble and paint cars via the Zoom? It's mostly robots, so why not.... :dunno:

Manufacturers just prioritize profitability, thank God. Any company that doesn't, will fail earlier or later. The question is whether limiting manual choices won't harm them long term. Probably not, as long as others do the same. They may lose some free publicity when they lose some enthusiasts, but as long as they keep just a few manuals, they will probably be OK. And if they feel like they lost something, it's always an easy option to bring the old tech back at any time in the future with a bang.

The world and Google are rewarding the "least capable" because Google knows the truth is in the Bible, which says: "Blessed are the dopes who can't drive stick, for they will inherit the Earth." :bow:

After coffee the meek still need to either shave or do the makeup, because they went to bed too late, because of excess coffee circulating in their veins. :coffee: :rofl:
Sponsored

Last edited: