Walmart Quality LED footwell lighting isn't actually terrible

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats how I do it, but I also run navigation so to keep my battery up I usually always charge while driving. I just want a setup that doesn't require me to switch plugs around if I want lighting or charging lol
I guess my issue was that last sentence, I was king of hinting at just living with the poor charging ability of the port if it meant I didn't need to use bluetooth (which drains more battery)
You can get a multi plug for your power outlet so you can use 2 things at once. Cheap on Amazon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrianDevin

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are these intended to run all the time it's dark out? I kind of like the look but also don't quite understand... It's cheap enough to be cool to just try out. Could they be connected to come on and go off with the doors opening? I don't know much about wiring, so that may be complex...
I only use them when it is dark out because they really aren't bright enough to be visible in daylight. I'm sure you could try to get it to come on and off with the doors/headlights, but I know nothing at all about wiring. That's why I'm using a kit that goes into the cigarette lighter lol

OP
OP
BrianDevin

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats how I do it, but I also run navigation so to keep my battery up I usually always charge while driving. I just want a setup that doesn't require me to switch plugs around if I want lighting or charging lol
I guess my issue was that last sentence, I was king of hinting at just living with the poor charging ability of the port if it meant I didn't need to use bluetooth (which drains more battery)
I always use the aux cord to charge/run carplay, so it ended up working out for me

JustinL611

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L Aegean Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure no problem will do after work

JustinL611

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Walmart Quality LED footwell lighting isn't actually terrible 495CC949-F4D9-464A-939F-DDB74E600F75
Honda Civic 10th gen Walmart Quality LED footwell lighting isn't actually terrible EF58E361-1AB0-4681-8679-8D295BF294C4
Honda Civic 10th gen Walmart Quality LED footwell lighting isn't actually terrible 3558103A-ADC3-4501-8E3B-1F020ECE0059
Honda Civic 10th gen Walmart Quality LED footwell lighting isn't actually terrible 93D4491A-DBA2-4D11-94E5-A294D7A255F3
Sorry for delay here is the setup the control station box is mounted underneath by the usb and the cig lighter which I have split 3 ways to accommodate my dash cam, the led lighting system and an air purifier. The wiring for underneath the dash is tucked into the center console behind the center stack. The wire for the door jams runs underneath the floormats. Took 30 min to setup all said and done.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you start to smell smoke or burning at any point, unplug that thing ASAP as that is a lot of stuff to be powering from one cig lighter port.

JustinL611

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you start to smell smoke or burning at any point, unplug that thing ASAP as that is a lot of stuff to be powering from one cig lighter port.
I hear ya, no issues yet. Only using 13-14 watts (max 100 for the unit from the 3 combined sockets or no more than 40w on a single socket)

JustinL611

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@JustinL611
Is this picture with only 2 of the LED strips hooked up? It doesn't appear that you are illuminating from your door jams as well. LMK
I have the other two turned off in the photo I believe. Ill take more detailed photos from outside the vehicle as well with it at full brightness and various other levels. For $50 u really cant go wrong and the lights go where u want them to be.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Thanks! I found the exact same set / model # on ebay for $35