Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Walk away auto door lock feature
For those of you that just tuning in...
I've heard about this feature, but my car did not seem to have it, it never locked automatically.
Checked on the car's setting under - setting -vehicle- keyless entry. It is not there. Ok, i don't have it, but it would be nice to have.
After some digging on youtube. It turns out the setting is under: setting- vehicle - door/windows.
All right...I am a happy camper.
PS: I am sure it is in the owners manual as well.
Sponsored

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
If it beeps once, the door is locked. If it beeps three times, it’s not.

I returned to my car several times to find out that it wasn’t locked until I realized that I had to listen carefully for the sounds before I walked away.

Walk away auto door lock feature
For those of you that just tuning in...
I've heard about this feature, but my car did not seem to have it, it never locked automatically.
Checked on the car's setting under - setting -vehicle- keyless entry. It is not there. Ok, i don't have it, but it would be nice to have.
After some digging on youtube. It turns out the setting is under: setting- vehicle - door/windows.
All right...I am a happy camper.
PS: I am sure it is in the owners manual as well.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
If it beeps once, the door is locked. If it beeps three times, it’s not.
More like, beeps like it's having a nervous breakdown. I hate when I walk away from the car a bit too fast for the system to properly register and the car bleeps after me like a clingy partner. "Where are you going? Don't leave me!!!"

Relationship issues aside, I love the walk away feature. The key fob never leaves my pocket.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
The key fob never leaves my pocket.
That was my main reasoning as well and I used to really love it initially, but when I finally turned the walk-away thing off, now the fob really never leaves my pocket. Before, I had to take it out every day when inside the garage and leave it in the car, otherwise it would lock itself (not needed when in garage). And then put the keys back in the pocket the next day... Not anymore.

Having to spend 1 second pushing a button to lock the car manually (and only when I actually need to lock the car) beats, hands down, having to endure that inconsistent annoying beeping, and having to get the keys in/out of my pocket when getting in/out of the car in the garage.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Having to spend 1 second pushing a button to lock the car manually (and only when I actually need to lock the car) beats, hands down, having to endure that inconsistent annoying beeping, and having to get the keys in/out of my pocket when getting in/out of the car in the garage.
I don't park in a garage so I haven't had that problem, but at least your solution works great for you. Agreed that no matter what, it's so simple to just lock the doors with the button on the door handle.

What I HATE about the lock button, not really related to the topic at hand, is when I have passengers who approach the passenger side door faster than I do, and they try everything to break into my car, including pressing that damn button, screwing up my attempts to unlock the vehicle.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
when I have passengers who approach the passenger side door faster than I do, and they try everything to break into my car, including pressing that damn button, screwing up my attempts to unlock the vehicle.
Heh, yeah I've also found myself hurrying to get to/touch the driver's door handle before anyone else gets to theirs... :) Too lazy to push the 'unlock' on the remote, I guess...

IndyMark007

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That was my main reasoning as well and I used to really love it initially, but when I finally turned the walk-away thing off, now the fob really never leaves my pocket. Before, I had to take it out every day when inside the garage and leave it in the car, otherwise it would lock itself (not needed when in garage). And then put the keys back in the pocket the next day... Not anymore.

I think I'm in the same boat. I thought I would love this feature, but the number of times I get the 3 beeps because I walk away too fast coupled with the other stuff mentioned, has me thinking I'm going to disable it again very soon.

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
This is a feature that I had come to like a lot. Get out of the car with my arms full of stuff and then have it lock as I walk away. It has now stopped working and I find myself missing it. I've rebooted the audio system, turned the feature on/off/on, etc. All to no avail. I'm not certain I miss it enough to make a service appointment, but may have then check it when I have the next oil change done.

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
What I HATE about the lock button, not really related to the topic at hand, is when I have passengers who approach the passenger side door faster than I do, and they try everything to break into my car, including pressing that damn button, screwing up my attempts to unlock the vehicle.
You can change this setting so that al doors unlock with one click in the menu. I changed it because I have the same issue when my wife tries to open the door and only my side is unlocked lol
Sponsored