Walk Away door locks

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I refuse to dig out the fob out of my deep pockets and look for the right button on it just to lock the car every time I park at a store
My routine is to tap the little 'lock' button on the door panel as you're getting out of your seat/the car, during those couple of seconds when you're facing the door and your hand is close to the panel. It's right there.
(Alternatively, you can push the little black button outside after the door is closed, but that's too much of a wait for my taste, you lose a second or two waiting for the door to shut before you can start walking away. #OCDFTW! :))
A very easy habit to acquire, and it definitely beats having to ensure the annoyances of having the 'walk away lock' on... :p
Sponsored

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I will never ever turn off walk-away locking. I refuse to dig out the fob out of my deep pockets and look for the right button on it just to lock the car every time I park at a store, like my father used to. I paid for this tremendous feature so I've gotta use it. :headbang:
Gruber, does your car have the black button on the driver's handle to push to lock the car if you have the fob? My Touring does and sometimes I just push that instead of waiting to hear the beep of the auto-lock so I can be confident the car locked. That's another option for you so you don't have to dig the fob our of your deep pockets.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Gruber, does your car have the black button on the driver's handle to push to lock the car if you have the fob? My Touring does and sometimes I just push that instead of waiting to hear the beep of the auto-lock so I can be confident the car locked. That's another option for you so you don't have to dig the fob our of your deep pockets.
I have the button, but as dmitri says above I would need to stay with the car for a sec after the door closes, instead of just walking away carelessly... but yes, there are options.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Really? Hanging for a second is that much of an inconvenience? Whatever
Sponsored