Walk Away Door Lock

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
when the doors lock after the 2nd beep, it sounds like a bunch of celery sticks crunching :p
Sponsored

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
What is this rapid beeping? A big in the software?

This occurs when I close the door if the key fob is inside the car. This also occurs sometimes when the key is inside my pocket. When this happens, I have to lock the car manually using the key fob.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
What is this rapid beeping? A big in the software?

This occurs when I close the door if the key fob is inside the car. This also occurs sometimes when the key is inside my pocket. When this happens, I have to lock the car manually using the key fob.
Its just an alert, hey you left your keys in the car, oh your proximity lock didn't work you have to lock manually.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I don't get what all the confusion is with the walk away lock and the beeps.

Works 98% of the time for me. Find that it fails if I stay too close to the car after exiting, must think I'm still IN the car. But like its only done rapid beeps 3 to 4 times. You just open and close a door again and it will lock. Or use the fob to lock it manually.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I noticed last night I got the rapid beeps.

I had gotten out of my car and was trying to squeeze between my car side mirror and a table in the garage. As I was squeezing between the two I was holding on to the keys. They would have been over the windscreen when the rapid beeps happened. So I take it the car thought they were in the car given their proximity to windscreen and dash.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
So, when rapid beeps, are the doors locked?

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
The first beep is the car telling you that the "walk away lock" is properly armed. It has recognized that you have closed the door with the key fob not in the car. Once you walk farther than eight feet away, the car beeps a second time to inform you that it has (is) locking the doors.

If after you shut the door the car rapidly beeps. It's telling you that one of the key fobs in still in the car, or, you haven't shut the door to the cars satisfaction, or, being a computer it is just upset about something. Try re-closing the last door you shut.

Lately after I get into the car, as I'm getting ready to push the "start" button, my car has taken to beeping rapidly. Whatever.

choffman41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Maybe I missed something but I thought if you had the cheapie display you didn't get the walk away feature. I have the no frills display and don't see any way to disable the walk away (that isn't there) but still randomly locks the doors. Is there something I don't know?

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So, when rapid beeps, are the doors locked?
It means they are not locked. When you hear them try the door it should be opened. But if the car locks correctly, you will hear a single beep that says the car is ready to lock and once you are far enough away a second beep meaning the car is lock. You can check the manual too for a better explanation if you need.
Maybe I missed something but I thought if you had the cheapie display you didn't get the walk away feature. I have the no frills display and don't see any way to disable the walk away (that isn't there) but still randomly locks the doors. Is there something I don't know?
I think the autolock is just for push button start / remote start equipped models, but I'm not 100% on that.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I turned that walk away feature off in the dealer parking lot. I don't need the car to lock itself in the garage. Or ever, for that matter. Hitting the black lock button on the inside of the door on the way out works every time.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I turned that walk away feature off in the dealer parking lot. I don't need the car to lock itself in the garage. Or ever, for that matter. Hitting the black lock button on the inside of the door on the way out works every time.
To each his own. The whole idea of the walk away feature is we can leave the key fobs in our pockets.

So far, I am used to the 2 beeps but not the rapid beeps (key fob in pocket).

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
To each his own. The whole idea of the walk away feature is we can leave the key fobs in our pockets.

So far, I am used to the 2 beeps but not the rapid beeps (key fob in pocket).
Just to clarify, I don't use the fob, so it's in my pocket where it belongs.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Just to clarify, I don't use the fob, so it's in my pocket where it belongs.
Yeah but you have to reach for it before you get into the (locked) car... that's way too much work. :D With that feature on, I just touch the door handle and I'm in. :thumbsup:
Sponsored