Walk away beep

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey folks question for you. When you leave the car it beeps and then it locks. I am finding recently that the beep is not as loud. I may be losing my mind from covid lockdown but I feel it’s 50% less louder. Does the car have beep speakers at the front and back? The beep only comes from the back so I’m wondering if the front speaker if the car has one has stopped working?
Sponsored

Shonuff

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan/2019 CR-V/2012 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Ok so I've had this problem mine was diagnosed as a bad beeper thing (technical name). I don't remember what it is actually called but it actually started working again for a little bit and now I'm noticing that it's fading. I've had the part in my desk for a few months and will actually replace it soon.

Part # is 74940-TBA-A01 and it wasn't too expensive I think about the $35-$40 range. It's located if I remember correctly in and around the rear of the car.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Hey folks question for you. When you leave the car it beeps and then it locks. I am finding recently that the beep is not as loud. I may be losing my mind from covid lockdown but I feel it’s 50% less louder. Does the car have beep speakers at the front and back? The beep only comes from the back so I’m wondering if the front speaker if the car has one has stopped working?
There is only one buzzer and it's located at the rear. I assume their reasoning for rear placement is that most people pull into a parking space, and walk away from the rear of the car. I wish there was one in the front, as well. It is sometimes hard to hear when you walk away from the front.

OP
OP
healtoe

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys! I’ll have to get under the rear bumper and see what’s up. A quick YouTube search says I can clean it and pop it back in and it should work. If not I’ll hit up the stealership and hopefully it’s covered under my extended warranty

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
How weird, I have been noticing the exact same thing for the last week or so. I also thought it was about half as loud and wondered the same thing if there were two beepers and only one was working. Maybe it's the aliens messing with us.

Or it's a regional thing. Toronto is not too far from Buffalo.

OP
OP
healtoe

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How weird, I have been noticing the exact same thing for the last week or so. I also thought it was about half as loud and wondered the same thing if there were two beepers and only one was working. Maybe it's the aliens messing with us.

Or it's a regional thing. Toronto is not too far from Buffalo.
Definitely regional those -20 winters are harsh