First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what happened but I’ve noticed my walk away auto lock stopped working a couple of days ago. So I’m having to use my key fob to lock my car or use the button on the door handle. Is there a fuse I need to replace or is it some tech that needs rebooting in my car? I’m clueless as to why it stopped working all of a sudden. ??‍♀
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Mines acting up quite often now too. Did you get the rapid beeps after you close the door? If you get one beep after closing door, then it will work. If you get rapid beeps, then it will not lock.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mines acting up quite often now too. Did you get the rapid beeps after you close the door? If you get one beep after closing door, then it will work. If you get rapid beeps, then it will not lock.
Yes!! That’s exactly what happened a few times before. I would get the rapid beeps. Is there something I need to reset??

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Is it doing any beeping, rapid or otherwise? If not, then the setting could have gotten messed up, Vehicle->Door/Window Setup->Walk Away Auto Lock->On

If it says it’s on already then turn it off and then back on.

If it’s rapid beeping then it’s another problem. Mine acts up in cold weather (maybe because I leave the area around the car faster). Make sure all the doors are closed well, and make sure the hood is closed well. Make sure you don’t have another key inside the car.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it doing any beeping, rapid or otherwise? If not, then the setting could have gotten messed up, Vehicle->Door/Window Setup->Walk Away Auto Lock->On

If it says it’s on already then turn it off and then back on.

If it’s rapid beeping then it’s another problem. Mine acts up in cold weather (maybe because I leave the area around the car faster). Make sure all the doors are closed well, and make sure the hood is closed well. Make sure you don’t have another key inside the car.
Well... I know I think I might have put the spare key in my car somewhere lol but I think that’s probably what’s causing it. May have to look. I’ve been in the middle of living so I may have an extra fob in my car that’s keeping the auto lock from not functioning properly. Lol ??‍♀

***Update***
There was a spare key fob in my car omg lol I had so much shit piled in my car that I didn’t realize I put a spare key in there. Luckily it wasn’t hard to find. I had it in my door the whole time. And I’m over here thinking it was some kind of technical issues
Sponsored

Last edited: