iketricktor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Wow, that sucks. I'm not sure what you can do either in this case. Is the alarm installation what is causing this? I'm not totally sure on this,hopefully someone can chime in, but I think there is some kind of act that states you can't be denied warranty coverage due to you modifying your car UNLESS they prove that particular modification caused the issue.
If it did, I would think you have a case against the dealership since you had no say in its installation. It can't hurt for you to contact NCDS, they will listen to your info and tell you if you qualify or not and could probably give you info on who to contact if they can't help.
Don't give up whatever you do just cause Honda is trying to pass the buck. I found out,that they really aren't to concerned about keeping their customers happy after a sale :(
So when I brought the car to Fremont Honda, they were like, we can't touch this because the KARR alarm is installed. Brought it back to Capitol, had them reset everything and then unplug the alarm. Beeping was still happening. Brought it back to Fremont and told them that the alarm is disconnected and shouldn't be a variable now. Fremont said they took a look at the alarm and it's installed all crazy with wires out of place and panels not put back together and plugged into the factory immobilizer, so they can't touch it but that might be the issue. Brought it back to Capitol and they completely gutted and reinstalled the alarm and made sure everything was testing properly, but I'm still getting the beeping. So I guess it's hard to say right now whether or not the alarm is causing the issue, because while other customers who bought their car at Capitol don't seem to be reporting this issue, the only difference between my car and my other friends' Civic EX's is that I have this stupid alarm (and they're not reporting any beeping issues). I am considering having them rip out the alarm and seeking a refund, but that will be a conversation with the finance manager who initially told me it's a nonrefundable charge.

Thanks for the advice on NCDS. I think I will contact them so I can get an opinion that's not Honda's about this whole situation.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A non refundable charge that you didnt even want or know about??? Sounds like bull to me. Lots of us on here have the beeping acting stupid at times and I at least have no alarm inside. I hope ncds can help you out somehow, I won't know an out myself till the 17 th.

OP
OP

iketricktor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
A non refundable charge that you didnt even want or know about??? Sounds like bull to me. Lots of us on here have the beeping acting stupid at times and I at least have no alarm inside. I hope ncds can help you out somehow, I won't know an out myself till the 17 th.
Good luck man let me know how it goes. I'm going to bring the car to another dealer to have them take a look at it and see if they can find anything different. We'll see.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck man let me know how it goes. I'm going to bring the car to another dealer to have them take a look at it and see if they can find anything different. We'll see.
Thanks man, I hope you can get something done to fix your issues too.

framspl33n

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch turbo
Country flag
Keys always in my left pocket, phone and wallet in the right.
I'm just glad I don't have any kids because I always swear out loud when Luna beeps at me for just friggin' getting out and walking away.

OP
OP

iketricktor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Keys always in my left pocket, phone and wallet in the right.
I'm just glad I don't have any kids because I always swear out loud when Luna beeps at me for just friggin' getting out and walking away.
Do you think that works because the car detects the key leaving the vehicle earlier?

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
Did anyone find the solution to this rapid beeping? I bought 2019 civic hatchback a month ago with 3500 miles on it after 2 weeks later my smart entry stopped working all I get is rapid beeps when I shut off car and leave the car. I can’t lock it with handle button or unlock it with handle sensor. Remote start doesn’t work either. Fob works fine. Dealer won’t do anything they will charge me $270 to diagnose and upto $3000 in repair because my car is rebuild title.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Did anyone find the solution to this rapid beeping? I bought 2019 civic hatchback a month ago with 3500 miles on it after 2 weeks later my smart entry stopped working all I get is rapid beeps when I shut off car and leave the car. I can’t lock it with handle button or unlock it with handle sensor. Remote start doesn’t work either. Fob works fine. Dealer won’t do anything they will charge me $270 to diagnose and upto $3000 in repair because my car is rebuild title.
What you describe is what would happen if it thinks the key fob is located in the car. Did you get both fobs when you got the car? If not maybe one was left in the car. If you did, make sure you didn’t leave one in the car.

There is a sensor that detects if the hood is open, but no indication (like the doors) if it’s open, make sure the hood is latched good.

Do you know where the damage was from the wreak? There are 4 or 5 antennas that detect the fob location. Get the EWD and start checking those connections starting in the area of previous damage.

Kjaved

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
What you describe is what would happen if it thinks the key fob is located in the car. Did you get both fobs when you got the car? If not maybe one was left in the car. If you did, make sure you didn’t leave one in the car.

There is a sensor that detects if the hood is open, but no indication (like the doors) if it’s open, make sure the hood is latched good.

Do you know where the damage was from the wreak? There are 4 or 5 antennas that detect the fob location. Get the EWD and start checking those connections starting in the area of previous damage.
I checked the hood I opened it & closed it few times Nothing happened. And I did checked if there is second fob but I couldn’t find it. I only got one fob with the car, when I start the car and leave the car it says no key dectected and I tried it starting without the fob in my pocket it won’t start so that means there is no key fob.
Plus when ever car shuts off and I’m sitting in the car it rapid beeps im not sure if that’s normal I know it will rapid beep when your out of the vehicle & try to lock it.

about the damage they replaced the rear hatch door I checked the connection & and checked the door It Does closes correctly. What does EWD means and how can I check those sensors?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The beeper thingy is located just under the rear bumper. If push comes to shove; you can just disconnect it.
Sponsored